00

March 31, 1987

Seven-year-old Nellie Singer was coloring with chalk while her two-year-old sister played alongside. It was a cool day, and Bobby suggested the girls should spend some time outdoors.

"Nora, that's really good!" Nellie told her as she looked at the supposed dog that looked like one of the monsters she saw in her dad's books, but she didn't tell her that.

"Thank you, Nel! Nel, who's that?" she spoke, pointing towards the car pulling into the salvage yard.

In that car were the Winchester boys. John Winchester had called Bobby beforehand to ask if he could drop off the boys. Dean Winchester knew he was getting dropped off and he was upset. He didn't understand why he always got left with someone else. He wanted to go with his dad, to show him that he can help and prove to him that he's better than John thinks. Sam Winchester was very confused why he couldn't go with his dad. He thought his dad had to just go on a business trip. His face lightened a bit when he looked out the window to see other kids. He didn't have a lot of friends since they are always moving so maybe these kids could be his friends, he thought.

"I don't know, Nor, maybe dad knows them," Nellie told her as she went back to drawing.

The Winchester boys stepped out of the car, the younger one more slowly than the first. They walked behind their father up the sidewalk. Bobby Singer came outside to greet them, his girls walking up to him as well.

"Hey John, how are you doing?" Bobby asked, glancing towards the two boys behind John.

"Just fine," he said, with a pause, before moving the boys behind him in front of him. "This is Dean and this is Sam. Boys, this is Bobby. You're going to stay with him just for a little while."

"Hello, boys. Why don't you guys play with my girls while I talk to your dad," Bobby told the youngest Winchesters while nodding towards the house to John. John followed him inside.

Neither the boys nor girls wanted to be the one to talk first. Dean and Nellie knew they should, since they were older and had to set an example. Right when Nellie was about to ask them if they wanted to play with them, little Sammy spoke up.

"Can I color with you guys?" he questioned, hoping to become friends with them since he never had any before.

"Sure, come on!" Nora told him excitedly as she took his hand and began to walk towards the sidewalk. The older siblings could hear them introducing themselves as they walked away.

After watching the little kids, the older ones turned towards each other. After a few seconds, Nellie finally spoke up, "Hi, I'm Noelle, but my family just calls me Nellie."

"Cool, I'm Dean," he spoke quickly.

"Nice, so do you want to do chalk with us?" Nellie spoke, wondering if he would say yes or if he would want to do something else because he was too cool for that.

"Sure," Dean said as they walked towards their younger siblings. As they got closer, they could hear them talking about some TV show. Nellie sat beside Dean as they picked out a few colors.

Dean looked towards Sammy, who was drawing Superman, and the other little girl, who he thinks is named Nora, to see her drawing some weird creature.

"What is that?" Dean whispered quietly to Nellie as he nodded his head towards Nora's artwork.

Nellie followed his eyes and looked back at him with a smile, "That is supposed to be a dog, but it looks more like one of the things my dad hunts," she whispered and then slapped her hand on her mouth, realizing she just told this kid about her dad hunting.

"It's okay, my dad hunts too," he said, smiling at her worried state.

"Oh, is that why you are staying for a little while?" Nellie asked.

"Yeah," Dean said, a little upset that his dad was leaving.

"Don't worry, my house is really fun. We have a lot of stuff to play with and like two TVs!" Nellie spoke, trying to cheer up the older boy. It must have worked because Dean smiled at her and then went back to drawing a car.

At that moment, Nellie knew that this boy was special. There was something about him that made Nellie want to learn more, and that would be her mission: to learn more about this very cute boy in front of her, and that's just what she did.

WRITER SPEAKS!!
I love them so much already and am hoping to write more soon! Hope you like this prologue!!