Chapter 8: the fairies vs the phantom

Start from the beginning

The debate continued on, each of them advocating for their own strengths and qualifications. Despite their differing opinions, the underlying camaraderie between them remained strong, a testament to their bond as teammates and friends. In the end, they agreed to put their discussion on hold for the time being, knowing that their true strength lay in their ability to work together as equals.

y/n: we should work on cool team attacks like unison raids!

Y/N's suggestion sparked a glimmer of excitement in the group, their competitive spirits reignited by the prospect of mastering powerful team maneuvers.

Cana's eyes lit up with enthusiasm at the idea. "Unison raids, huh? That sounds like just the kind of flashy magic we need to showcase our strength as a team!" she exclaimed, already envisioning the spectacular displays they could create together.

Erza nodded in agreement, her mind already racing with possibilities. "Indeed. Unison raids require perfect synchronization and coordination, but if we can master them, we'll be a force to be reckoned with," she remarked, her voice tinged with determination.

With their goals set and their spirits high, the trio began to brainstorm ideas for their own unique unison raids, each eager to contribute their own skills and magic to the mix. As they worked together to refine their techniques, they knew that they were not just building powerful spells, but also forging an unbreakable bond that would carry them through any challenge that lay ahead.

back to the present

Y/N's words were filled with a mix of admiration and playful frustration as he congratulated Erza on her victory over Aria.

"Erza, you did it!" he exclaimed, a proud smile tugging at his lips. However, his expression quickly shifted to one of mock disappointment as he added, "But I wanted to be the one to bash down the idiot who took down Gramps!"

Gray, Elfman, and Mirajane joined in, their voices filled with genuine admiration for Erza's accomplishment.

"Seriously, Erza, that was amazing," Gray chimed in, a rare smile gracing his usually stoic features.

Elfman nodded in agreement, his admiration evident in his voice. "Yeah! You really showed them what a real man is made of!"

Mirajane's eyes sparkled with pride as she offered her congratulations. "You were incredible, Erza. I knew you could do it."

Erza's cheeks flushed with warmth at her friends' words of praise, gratitude shining in her eyes as she thanked them for their support. With her friends by her side, she knew that there was nothing they couldn't overcome together.

As the celebratory atmosphere enveloped them, a sudden chill filled the air, and a sense of foreboding descended upon the group. Their joyous reunion was abruptly interrupted by the arrival of an ominous presence - Jose, the sinister leader of Phantom Lord.

Erza's steely gaze bore into Jose, her instincts warning her of the danger his presence posed. She could sense the weight of his intentions, shrouded beneath a veneer of deceptive calmness.