Chapter 32 - Intruders

Settled on his couch, a cup of warm tea was held close to your chest. Every indent and groove of wooden floors were nearly identical to his home back in New Orleans; even the staining was the same.

Eventually, you feel a blanket drape over your shoulders, "it gets a little chilly in the evening and early morning," he walks around and kneels by the fire. He holds his hand out, curating a small flame in his palm that drops into the pile of wood.

"And exactly how long do you plan for me to stay?" You tease softly.

"Forever," he counters calmly, "how does that sound?"

"I think that sounds perfect." A slight rumble was heard in the ground all of a sudden. "What was that?"

Alastor looked irritated, waving his shadow to investigate as he settled by your side. "I'm not sure..." Soon enough, the shadow returns with a slight snicker. "Well?" Alastor urges for the information, letting his shadow whisper into his ear.

"What happened?"

"Our dear Niffty has taken it upon herself to inform the entire hotel," Alastor stands up and walks to the door of the cabin. "I suspect they've also broken into my room," a slight buzz arises as he opens the door and spots a few lurking figures in the fog.

"You know they mean well," you couldn't help but laugh, "and I am sure they wouldn't break into-"

"Hello?!" Charlie's voice was heard, making your lips pursed.

"I take it back," you admit almost as quickly, "darling, please be nice, I'm sure they will be civil,"

"Did y'all fuck yet??" Angel yells.

"Wow, I have a lot more faith than I realised," you stand up and walk to meet him by the door.

"Don't worry, I won't do anything drastic," he places a hand on your waist, watching the group approach closer. "I'm just testing out something quite fantastic, in my humble opinion," Alastor says smugly, finally seeing them stand in front of the cottage.

"Hel-" You were about to greet them, but Charlie spoke up over you.

"Y/n? Al? Where are you guys?" She frowns and looks around. "Uh... you guys feel something watching us?"

"Like I said, this is giving me the creeps," Husk grumbles, leaning against a tree.

"How about we go back? They're obviously not here," Vaggie urges Charlie, "and let's fix Alastor's door too; I don't think he'll be too happy with what we've done to it,"

"In my defence, you guys did lean onto us," Angel holds his hands up, "so if Mr radio pimp asks who fell through the door first... it wasn't me!" He yells into the forest, "Hopefully, one of his goons hears that,"

You watch in curiosity, looking over to Alastor, who is impressed at the perfect execution of this new trick. "So they can't see or hear us?"

"No one can," he corrects, "no one but you and I can find or enter this little gem,"

"Creepy... but I see a few benefits," you hook a finger around the buttoned-up section of his suit jacket, pulling him in with a slight grin.

Alastor stumbles after, suddenly flustered but hurriedly following you in. He swiftly kicked the door shut, and for a second, Niffty glanced back at the empty space from which she swore she heard a thud coming.

~~~

The group sat around the bar, enjoying their drinks while awaiting your and Alastor's appearance. They were eager and nosy. All they needed was verbal confirmation.