Chapter 8 | Let Him Cook

Start from the beginning

"OH, Horse shit! You only started liking Alaska because you knew I was starting to like him, and YOU KNOW IT!" Enterprise shouts! Now, we have people REALLY staring. "BULLSHIT! I JUST TOLD YOU! I've always had my eyes set on Alaska! If I didn't! I'D HAVE SAID YES TO THE ADMIRAL! What are you DAFF!?" "WHO ARE YOU CALLING DAFF!!! I'M THE FLAGSHIP!!! I'LL HAVE YOU STRICKEN JERSEY!" "AN MY BROTHERS ARE THE BULK OF OUR BATTLESHIP DIVISION! THEY'LL NEVER LET IT HAPPEN!" I then step up onto my seat and walk over the table! LITERALLY WALK over the table onto the spot between the two and plop my ass down between the two in the booth seat. Before they could go for blows. Immediately the two go quiet, but hold fists clenched, expressions still remain angered, but they go quiet.

"I think you two haven't taken the time to stop and actually look at what you think the other is doing. What reason would Jersey have to WANT to take the Admiral's attention from you? I mean besides to get with him!? But she didn't when presented the chance! Like she said before, she was interested in me before we went into basic! That was DAYS after we were azured! An for Enterprise! Why would she want to get into drama with you further! If she felt, you were stealing the Admiral from her! An hell! How the hell would she know you had a crush on me when you hadn't yet made it known! I mean for God sakes E hated me for the first month of meeting me! It took time! A lot of time to change her opinion of me." I stop long enough for them to let that sink in... What does the sink want btw. (Terrible dad joke)

It's very obvious that my words had an everlasting effect on their opinion of the other. Their fists, lower, their expression, less anger filled for the other. "See what I think happened here! Is that you two somehow got blinded by the idea! That the other had it out for you. So much so that when you found yourselves interested in the same dude that shit just escalated and no one took time to look back at a bigger picture. At what was actually happening. That being a large line of events that happened to lead two women, who we're beefing, to have their eyes set on the same dude." I stand up, seeing the two had calmed down. Having used myself as a visual reference of this big source of the boiling point between the two. I climb across the table and settle back into my seat. The two, staring at each other, with this look of realization, quickly both avert their gaze from each other. Now looking away not from annoyance of the others presence, but of shame towards their misguided hatred for the other, for their treatment of the other for so long.

"You can see what I'm saying now? Can't you?" I ask upon the two. "Y-Yeah" Both respond, rather shameful in tone, in look, and in thought. "Another thing I'm sure neither of you have thought about. How do you think that makes me feel? Watching my two best friends. Angry at each other? I'm not dull! I can tell you two are beefing every time your near each other! Even when no words are being said! Just the looks on your face! Your actions! An above all else, how you try to steer me away from the other. I mean, you two are the closest people to me! If it weren't for Iowa and Anson! I'd have no other REAL best friends in my life. Besides these! Two women who just can't stand each other. It's like being stuck between a wall and a hard place... Yeah know?" Silence befalls us for a while after that. Silence only interrupted by the waitress returning with our drinks. "I-I'll give you three a few more minutes..." Able to read the atmosphere, and not pushing us for our order just yet.

"An whilst I'm thinking about it. I know it's been on your minds for a very long time. Who in the world am I going to actually fall head over hills for? I can hear someone saying they've done such and such as reason to pick them over the other! So, I'll weigh in myself! I've known Big J! LITERALLY since the SECOND day I EXISTED! Though! We've only seen each other in person a hand full of times! Due to work related reasons! We've remained in contact and been there for each other ever since basic though DESPITE the distance between us! It was apparent there after that she was interested and made such interests known to me in confidence. She's helped me through many harsh times. An though we're rarely able to see each other! The time spent together is always beyond memorable! An always exciting! Not to mention we've had many genuinely deep conversation. Conversations that have had ever lasting effects on me as I grow. Then there's Big E! Though I've known you for far less time than I have J! I've been around you far longer! Though we started out rough! You hating me an all that for about a months' time! We've built up a very very solid relationship that I'd call almost unbreakable! We're around each other far more then I am J! An we've helped each other through many rough patches, rough times, and through hardships over and over again! Though your feelings for me developed much later then J's! In fact long after she'd announced Her's to me.