The Straits of Fair Isle

Start from the beginning

As the chaos of battle raged on, Aemon's keen eyes scanned the horizon, searching for any signs of fleeing Ironborn ships. Amidst the swirling maelstrom of flames and smoke, he spotted several vessels attempting to slip away to the north, their sails billowing in the wind as they desperately sought to escape the carnage unfolding around them.

With the Redwyne fleet effectively blocking their retreat to the south and the looming presence of Fair Isle and the Westerlands closing off any avenue of escape to the west and east, the only path left for the Ironborn was to head northward. However, this route proved to be no sanctuary, as the vigilant watch of Vēttir and Jēdar prevented any easy escape.

The maroon and sapphire dragons swooped down upon the fleeing ships with deadly precision, their flames cutting through the darkness like beacons of destruction. Against the backdrop of the bright inferno engulfing the central battlefield, the escaping vessels stood out like beacons, easy targets for the dragons to strike.

With each fiery breath, Vēttir and Jēdar unleashed their wrath upon the fleeing Ironborn, their flames painting the night sky with streaks of crimson and azure. The sea churned and boiled as the ships were engulfed in a torrent of fire, their wooden hulls crackling and splintering under the intense heat.

Amidst the chaos, Aemon watched with a grim determination, his heart heavy with the knowledge that there could be no mercy for those who sought to escape justice. As the last of the fleeing ships succumbed to the dragons' fury, the sea lay quiet once more; the only sound was the crackling of flames and the distant cries of the wounded and dying.

As the surviving Ironborn ships pressed on in their desperate bid to escape the carnage behind them, their hopes of finding refuge in the north quickly turned to despair. Unbeknownst to them, another formidable force lay in wait, ready to deliver justice upon those who dared to threaten the peace of the realm.

The dragons had been leading a fleet of their own.

From the north, the Velaryon fleet emerged like a silent specter, their warships cutting through the waves with deadly precision. As they descended upon the fleeing Ironborn vessels, the sea erupted into chaos, the clash of wood and steel mingling with the anguished cries of men.

With a deafening roar, the two fleets collided with bone-crushing force, the impact sending splintered wood and shattered debris flying in all directions. The once-proud Ironborn ships, battered and broken from their earlier encounter with Balerion and the dragons, offered little resistance against the overwhelming might of the Velaryon armada.

Amidst the chaos of battle, sailors scrambled to man their posts; their desperate shouts were drowned out by the roar of the crashing waves and the thunderous clash of the ship against the ship. The air was thick with the acrid scent of smoke and salt as flames licked hungrily at the shattered remnants of the Ironborn vessels.

With each passing moment, the Velaryon fleet pressed their advantage, their superior numbers and strategic positioning allowing them to gain the upper hand against their beleaguered foes. Ironborn sailors, trapped aboard their sinking ships, fought bravely to the last, but their efforts were ultimately in vain against the relentless onslaught of their enemies.

As the battle raged on, the waters ran red with blood, a grim testament to the ferocity of the struggle that had unfolded upon the waves. Amidst the wreckage and ruin, the survivors of the Ironborn fleet were left to reckon the flames of black, blue, and red. Yet even as they celebrated their hard-won victory, they knew that the fight against the Ironborn was far from over and that the seas would continue to be fraught with danger in the days to come.

Amidst the carnage, the flames of battle danced upon the waves, casting an eerie glow upon the blood-stained waters. Maroon, sapphire, and black flames intertwined in a deadly ballet, their searing heat turning the sea into a maelstrom of fire and destruction.