A New King, A New Tourney

Author's Note: I've decided to do something I hate myself and am doing it on my birthday, no less. The Velaryons will have a darker skin color like they do in the show. Valryians are supposed to have fair skin, which was an interesting fact since they were from Essos and lived in the unbearable heat of volcanoes, but besides the fact, I know for a fact that a majority of my readers are already only envisioning their show counterparts and the fact that it helps showcase differences in families that have the same name and similar home locations I feel like it will help with certain things later on that I may or may not wish to do. I do not and have not mapped out this story and am just making it up as I go, except for a few key points, which is funny since I am a planner for books, but my book that I wish to one day publish is taking ninety percent of my upper brain ability to plan for a book. That being said, from this point forward, Velaryons will have their darker complexions.

Also keep in mind that Aemon's main goals are to keep the dragons alive, keep the Valryian bloods as pure as possible, keep the dragons, keep the realm unified after the Dance of Dragons, and find a way to unify Essos so that a future Targaryen may be able to bring them in the fold for the Long Night. The Princesses, daughters of Jaehaerys, were either not alive or not involved in the Dance of Dragons, more importantly. Their dragons never existed in House of the Dragon at all. These six extra dragons and riders change a lot. Ameon's knowledge of his past life is dwindling, but that could be a good thing since if everything changes too much, he can't predict what will happen next. He needs most things to change. His mere birth forced the Targaryens to make Summerhall in case a second branch of House Targaryen is created, and the creation of Summerhall pissed off Dorne enough to be far more aggressive.

You all might be wondering why I have been able to push so many chapters; the simple answer is that February 8th is my birthday, and I wanted to give you guys a gift. Hope you enjoyed the series so far. Please comment your thoughts, and don't forget to vote.

Harrenhall 104 AC

Corlys Velaryon

Corlys Velaryon, the Lord of the Tides, arrived at Harrenhal with a storm of wrath brewing within him. His journey had taken him from the hallowed halls of the Red Keep, and as he approached the imposing walls of Harrenhal, his anger grew with every step. The occasion was grand—a celebration of King Viserys Targaryen's coronation, marked by a majestic tourney meticulously planned over the past three moons.

Yet, Corlys' arrival was marred by the bitter taste of delay, a delay attributed to one man in particular—the Hand of the King, Lord Otto Hightower. The corridors of Harrenhal, usually filled with the sounds of celebration and anticipation, now echoed with the ominous undercurrent of a Velaryon lord scorned.

The grand tourney, conceived to commemorate the ascension of King Viserys, had been a beacon of excitement for lords and ladies across the realm. Harrenhal, a colossal fortress with a history as storied as any, stood as the perfect backdrop for such a momentous occasion.

However, as Corlys entered the grand halls of Harrenhal, the festivities seemed to take on a muted quality. The air buzzed with tension, and the anticipation that should have been a crescendo of joy was dampened by the Lord of the Tides' late arrival.

Corlys, clad in the regal sea greens and silvers of House Velaryon, cut an imposing figure as he moved through the crowds of nobles. The stormy expression on his face spoke volumes of the frustration and anger that simmered beneath the surface.

His anger towards Otto Hightower was due to the meeting he had just had with the Lord Hand just before coming to Harrenhal. The subject was the marriage between Aemon Targaryen and Corlys' daughter, Laena Velaryon. Initially, Corlys had welcomed the discussion, anticipating that it would shed light on the intricacies of the wedding. This alliance had been forged with the potential to bind two noble houses. The two greatest of the three remaining Valyrian Houses.