Eleven

BASH POV

I shut the bedroom door behind me and leaned against it, trying to catch my breath.

So many days I dreamed of that moment. That first kiss.

Of course it was better than I expected.

Andy's sense of humor and ability to show she was stronger than she seemed would always surprise me.

I got changed then was able to slip into the bathroom.  When I was finished, Andy was standing there in a t shirt and sweats, ready for her turn.

Austin's door was closed and I looked toward it a moment while she smirked. "He's passed out already."

Instead of talking, I wrapped my arm around her waist and kissed her again. This time it was deeper... more meaningful.

After a moment Andy backed away while her green eyes flashed. "See ya in a few hours?"

I nodded, "See ya then."

Andy slipped into the bathroom and I stared at the door while grinning.  Tonight changed everything and nothing at the same time.  We had been gradually getting closer since her injury but the last month or so had been even more intense.  I put in more effort to spend time with her and in turn, she opened up so I could see a bigger glimpse at her world.

Sleep came fast and my dreams were of course filled with a certain auburn haired beauty.

Andy's laugh, her attentiveness, and the way she warmly welcomed Marianne.

How her body was perfectly suited to the glittering top and tight pants she wore tonight. I had rarely seen her with her hair down and never with makeup so it was a fascinating change.

Still the same Andy... just a version that makes her feel more comfortable around others.

I woke up to the smell of coffee and heard my bedroom door crack open.

She peeked inside and I grinned when she handed over a cup of coffee. "See ya in a few?"

I let out a yawn and nodded, then remembered I wasn't wearing a shirt.

Andy didn't mind.

The way she checked me out was hot but I had been shocked at how much we can say without a word.  All those days before her injury where I assumed she was being cold had new meaning. The way she attentively provided for all of us as well as being there for her Mom, not to mention all the work invested in the animals, spoke volumes.

After a moment she backed away and left the room. I had to shake my head to clear the fog, especially now that we were enjoying a new dynamic between us.

I slipped into a normal jeans and Henley shirt combo then jogged downstairs. Andy was at the counter yawning while she sliced grapefruit segments.

"Morning," I greeted with my empty coffee cup. Ruby was setting the table while I was not surprised to see that Walt and Austin didn't make it yet.

"Hey," Andy said as she yawned again then laughed.

"You kids never stay out late so I'm sure last night was a good reminder why that's the case," her mom said while chuckling at us.

"I think it was splitting a French silk pie with the guys and Marianne as well as those shakes, Mama," Andy commented. "More sugar than I'm used to having even when we make a dessert like German chocolate cake."

Ruby was turned toward her daughter and I noticed a flicker of sadness in Andy's eyes at the way her Mom lost her vision even more each day.

I was sure she had dreams of her Mother helping her get ready on her wedding day. The way she'd look at her grandchildren, baking cookies and teaching them all she can about the animals.