Was I the reason he made this decision? He saw I only spent four years for doing what I did and felt  like that was nothing so he's following into my footsteps?

Am I a bad role model?

"Dad,"

I nodded my head letting him continue to speak. "What if I get caught?"

"You won't," I shook my head taking a deep breath.

"Huh? What do you mean I won't? I told you everyone is talking about it now!"

"Just listen to what the fuck I said. You won't, okay?" Daedae nodded wiping his eyes. "Who were you with when it happened?" I asked.

"Trey and Tony,"

I shook my head hearing Trey's name. He was also involved in this shit too.

These little niggas was supposed to be focusing on going to college but their focused on a whole other level of shit.

What the fuck am I even going to tell Mariah? Or should I even tell her? She could blame me for his actions and really call it quits with me.

So much shit I got to worry about now man, fuck!

-

I sat back down at the kitchen table with Mariah and Amir. Before I came back into the kitchen, I told Daedae to go upstairs to his room to get himself together.

We also had a talk about not telling Mariah.

I know I know, I shouldn't be keeping secrets from her but what the fuck you want me to do?

Go ahead and say our nineteen year old son went a killed his ex friend David?

How the fuck am I supposed to tell her that?

I just can't.

"Aubrey?" Mariah questioned taking a quick glance at me causing me to look at her. "Amir was talking to you."

Apologizing, I turned my head to my four year old son. "Yeah boy? My bad I didn't hear you Mir, what did you say?"

"Can we go to park dada?"

"I don't know about today Mir," I picked up my cup filled with milk taking a gulp.

Mir started to get fussy as soon as I said that.

"Hey! What did I tell you about that? You can't be whining when you don't get your way Amir."

His pout was still sitting on his face.

"Stop pouting and eat the rest of your food."

Amir obeyed and did what I asked for him to do.

"Where did Daedae go?"

"He went upstairs." I covered my mouth as a burp came out. "He said he has to do something."

"Okay, did he finally tell you what was wrong?"

"Oh yeah," I nodded eating the last bit of my breakfast.

"Okay Aubrey what is it?" She laughed getting up from the table taking Amir's plate going over to the sink.

"He's been focusing on college and that's very understandable. He still choosing which one he really wants to go to."

"Oh, well did you tell him that we could help him figure it out?"

"Of course love, I just think he wants to make the decision for himself though and we gotta respect that."

"My baby is really getting older!"

"Yeah, he really is," I mumbled looking at Amir.

-

At Club Paradise

"Why are you here?" I looked at Ashley

I had to make a quick stop here to pick something up. Soon as I was about to leave, Ashley popped up.

Which is very kind of odd because I never told her I owned this club or that I was gonna be here.

"Why haven't you been answering my text or calls?" She asked crossing her arms.

I sighed looking ahead of her instead of at her.

"Is something going on with you?" Ashley places her hand onto my arm but I lightly pushed her away making her frown.

"Nah, nah. Everything is just fine." I looked around trying to make sure I don't spot anyone I know. "But look though, I'll talk to you later-," I said trying to walk past her but she stopped me making me roll my eyes in the process.

Why is she not getting the hint that I don't want to talk?

"Why are you being so weird to me right now? What did I do? Let me know Brey."

"You didn't do anything. But me and you," My hands guided towards me and her. "We can't do this anymore, for real."

"What? Why? Now you're confusing me."

"Ash you know what I'm trying to say stop being so hard headed. I don't wanna repeat myself. But like I said we're not doing this shit between us anymore."

And with that I left her standing there making my way to my truck.

Ashley | 29

I stood there in shock watching Aubrey just leave me like I was nothing like we didn't have anything going on?

I pulled my phone out from my purse dialing a number.

It took a couple of seconds until they spoke into the phone.

"Girl why are you calling me this early in the morning?" Jayda's said while yawning.

"Our plan is failing Jayda."

"What?" She shouts. "What did you do?!"

-

Thoughts 💭?