Chapter 6 - Only for a Moment

Regular: Korean

Italics: English

~~~

Y/N Yu was not big on parties.

Sure he would celebrate special occasions like podium finishes, but he would much prefer celebrating with people that he was close to.

So it was a bit of an interesting sight to see him voluntarily go to the Paddock Club, by invite of Oscar Piastri nonetheless.

As he entered the threshold of the club, he saw many people that he knew: in a corner close to the entrance, was his sister and her boyfriend, surrounded by the members of aespa and his family members.

At another table, he saw the taken drivers gathered with their wives and girlfriends: most notably Alex and Lily, who gave big waves to Y/N as he passed by their table to the bar, where Oscar told Y/N to meet him.

Sure enough, at the bar, stood Oscar Piastri, who was conversing with Lando, and Hanni. Once they noticed Y/N's presence, they all waved enthusiastically at him, beckoning him to join them.

"What took you so long mate?" Lando asked, as Y/N leant onto the bar, signaling the bartender to give him a can of coke.

"Would you believe me if I said that I spent that time looking for the right outfit for tonight?" Y/N replied in a tone laced with playful sarcasm, thanking the bartender for his drink.

He was signing autographs and taking pictures with younger fans out on the stands before he made his way to the Paddock Club.

"Nope," replied Oscar, as he flagged the bartender to pass him a beer, "And I'm sure you must be wondering why I invited you to come to the Paddock Club?"

"Yeah?" Y/N began, looking at Oscar shrewdly, not knowing how to continue the conversation, except saying "Why?"

"This is where I come in," chimed in Hanni, who Y/N noted had a rather serious expression on her face, looking in a certain direction.

Following her gaze, y/n's eyes landed on a table close to the windows. At said table, sat Danielle. She was alone looking out of the windows, her auburn hair falling in neat curls along her back, amber eyes twinkling under the lights of the club, and the moon in the sky.

If this was ancient times, Y/N supposed that he would've called Danielle a goddess.

"Ahem," a pretend cough broke Y/N out of his reverie. "I need to ask you a question, answer carefully. Answer unsatisfactory and you get to experience a world of pain."  Hanni said to Y/N in a dead-set face. "What are your intentions with Danielle?"

Y/N pondered for a moment, trying to piece together an answer. Taking a sip of his Coke, he opened his mouth to speak.

"I wanna get to know her, I don't know what else to say... she's just stunning...she's giving me butterflies..."

"Yup, that confirms it, he's infatuated..." Lando said, clapping Y/N on the back. "Well I'm off to bother George, I'll let Oscar and Hanni finish up, toodles!"

And with that, Lando left the conversation.

"Let me make it absolutely clear," Hanni began, Y/N's eyes on her, giving her his full attention, "if you make her sad, you will not just feel the wrath of one Aussie, or two," she added, reacting to Oscar's nudge, "and also the rest of NewJeans, you got me?"

"Yes ma'am," Y/N gulped, feeling a beed of cold sweat travel down the back of his neck.

"Good, now go talk to her!" Hanni's tone took a quick 180, as she passed a can of Sprite to Y/N and pushed him in the direction of Danielle's table.