Why would I care that Seth is out and about wreaking havoc in our amazing school with someone other than me? It’s not like that’s what I came here for. I came here to learn, not to get detention or whatever type of trouble Seth got himself into this time.

“You okay?” Dean asked me, concerned as always.

Turning back towards him, I put on a quick smile and nodded.

“Yeah, it’s just-“ I sighed, not knowing how to say this without sounding too odd.. or interested.

“Is he always in trouble?” I asked, nodding in Seth’s direction, as he sauntered over to our table himself with Nigel at his heels. They looked like polar opposites of each other.

Seth and his stained black hair and Nigel with his bleached blonde cut. They looked like yin and yang. I almost wanted to laugh again but then I realized how they once again looked like a better pair than Seth and I. Pair meaning partners in crime. I sighed. This was not what I had signed up for.

Seth and Nigel finally reached our table and sat with wide grins on their faces.

“Oh, that was great,” Seth laughed, wiping a fake tear from his eye. I rolled my eyes.

“Yeah, the look on her face was priceless!” Nigel added, making me scowl. In a way, they were the perfect friends. They were both assholes without beating hearts.

I know I was judging the two of them- but I’ve known them long enough to know that they were naturally like that. Just cold to everyone that isn’t as bad as them. Unless it’s someone like Chris. It made me wonder how the equation was different with a guy like him.

“Go, go, go, go!” Dusty began to slam his hands on the table as the two slobs were finishing their whole tray of assorted foods. It almost made me sick to my stomach, having to see that. But in the end, Logan won- and he’d let the whole cafeteria know with the loud belch that soon came after Dusty’s cheers.

“That was disgusting,” Dean commented, giving Logan a look a mother would give her two year old for taking a cookie out of the cookie jar when he wasn’t supposed to.

Logan just shrugged at him with a sheepish grin and turned to Seth and Logan, beginning a conversation with them about what they did. 

Dean and Logan. Another awesome pair. They were pretty opposite, too. But they had this mutual understanding that would only come out of a true friendship. I knew they were the best of friends and would always have each others backs. Just watching them interact with each other proves that. Logan looked out for Dean as if he was his little brother. And Dean looked up to Logan and trusted him like they truly were siblings.

Siblings. 

I glanced around the table, trying to find Collin and Drake only to notice that they haven’t looked at each other once since we came to the cafeteria or shared any words with each other. I frowned. Honestly, I had no idea what happened between the two of them.. and that’s what I was hoping to find out by staying over at Dusty and Drake’s tonight. Everyone had told me to not confront Collin about this.. so I wasn’t. I’d approach Drake instead and hope he wouldn’t pound my face in.