"You have to get out of here." Her mum sighed sadly. "Being stuck in this town is killing you, sweetie." She looked to her daughter's wrists. Sienna quickly pulled her sleeves down to hide them.

Luke noticed this and nausea swept over him. Then, the guilt set in. He sucked in his breath to keep from vomiting.

"I won't watch you slowly kill yourself, Sienna. You need to get out of this place and you need to be with Luke." Sienna's mother explained. "Going with Luke is your best chance."

Sienna didn't say another word. She rushed out of the room and up the stairs as tears streamed her cheeks.

Luke let out a shaky breath and looked to his aunt and uncle.

"I can't tell you how sorry I am." Luke said sadly.

"Sometimes you have to take care of yourself, son." His uncle said with a pat to his shoulder. "You left to chase your dreams and they came true. You did what was best for you. Don't apologize for that." He insisted.

"Do you think she'll ever forgive me?" Luke wondered.

"Go talk to her." His aunt said with a nod.

Luke stuffed his hands in his pocket before he navigated his way through the house where he'd spent many days and nights as a kid. He smiled somberly at the pictures that hung on the hallway walls. He stopped in Sienna's doorframe. She was sniffling quietly while throwing clothes into a suitcase.

"Enna," Luke spoke up sadly. "I know you're angry with me, but-"

"Angry?" She laughed, turning to face him. Her cheeks were flushed and tear stained. "You abandoned me for three years and went off to live your dream life while I was left sitting here crying in the dust. Why would I be angry about that?" She turned her back to him and continued packing.

"I can't tell you how sorry I am." He ran a hand through his hair with a sigh. "But I had to go, Enna." He said sadly. "I had to get out of here. If I hadn't gotten out when I did, I never would've."

"You think I don't know that?" Her voice was softer now. She paused for a moment. "The thing is you actually got out. That's the difference between us." She snapped. "You got to travel the world with your new best friends while I was stuck here slitting my wrists open just to feel something." She spat out each word as if it burnt her throat to say them.

Luke stepped forward and took one of her wrists in his hand. He lightly ran his finger tips over the thin white scars and was overwhelmed by the ache in his chest. He wanted to sink to the floor and sob until he couldn't anymore.

"Does it mean anything if I say I'm sorry for everything?" He wondered, his voice breaking.

She actually had to think about his question.

Does it mean anything to me at this point, Sienna wondered. After so many years, should his words have any value?

Then, she thought about her mother's words. The look in her eyes as she looked at Sienna's wrists.

Mum's right, Sienna realized. If I don't go with Luke, I don't have a chance. Besides, this is what I wanted all these years right? For Luke to come back and fix everything?