⁰⁴

ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴇᴅ

"THAT was one time! And you dared me to do that shit and we were like eight !" i squealed in embarrassment and covered my face.

"one time is enough and yo nasty knew better!" josiah took a sip of his sprite and stole one of kari's fries.

i rolled my eyes and dipped one of my fries in my shake before eating it. analia shook her head at me and scrunched up her nose. "you nasty fr."

"it's actually not that bad, just don't eat them with the vanilla shake. it's kind of like eating a funnel cake but with a hint of salt." the blonde boy, who's name i learned to be keigo spoke as he dipped his fries in his shake as well. everyone else gagged as their faces filled with disgust.

"so uh where did you go last night..dallas?" analia raised her brow at me, i pretended not to hear her and took a bite of my burger.

kari and saiah snapped their heads towards me. i rolled my eyes.
"i didn't go anywhere." i said.

"mmm, you sure cause i swore i seen you walk off with some guy with black hair and neck tatts." analia pointed out.

kari and josiah narrowed their eyes at me. "fine! maybe i did leave with the nigga." i mugged them.

"did yall fuck? " j'kari questioned me. i groaned in annoyance and mumbled to myself. "no! it's not like we together anyways."

he kissed his teeth and threw at fry at me. "you're still my girl."

i rolled my eyes. "whatever, cheater"

"i said i was sorry, dallas..marie" he sighed. i waved him off and finished my chocolate shake.

the rest of the table sat in silence, looking between both j'kari and i.

"so, what did you do then? " j'kari asked breaking the silence between us.

i sighed deeply and threw my burger down onto my tray. "he bought me fucking wendy's, then he took me home. okay? or you want me to tell you that he fucked me in the back of his camaro? " i said getting fed up with him and his questions.

analia gasped excitedly. "he has a camaro? " josiah pinched her arm, making her wince. i rolled my eyes.

"okay, i think it's time to leave.." keigo said awkwardly and got up to leave.
"can i catch a ride with you?" i asked him as we both left the booth. he nodded and headed towards the door of the restaurant. everyone else just sat there in silence.

"so, what's with you and kari? " keigo asked me as he came to a stop at a red light. i sighed and ran my hands through my hair,scratching at my scalp.

"we used to date. he cheated. we broke up. now we're friends, sorta." i shrugged and looked out the passenger side window, looking at bright city lights as we drove past downtown.

he nodded and continued on with driving me home.

"thanks for the ride." i told him as i got out the car and watched him drive off before noticing a black camaro across the street.

i brushed it off and went inside to get ready for bed.

i was in the middle of packing to move out and getting ready to move in to my own place so most of my clothes were packed away. i planned to move in with in the next weeks or so.

i groaned as i shuffled through boxes as i was trying find a decent pair of pjs like it would matter anyway, im only going to sleep it's not like i had a d-appointment or something—

ding-dong !
ding-dong !

"god ! it's like eleven thirty, fuck do you people want!" i groaned as i made my way downstairs to answer the door. i really wasn't being aware of what i was wearing when i opened the door until i saw him.

"hey, mama." his voice low and raspy as he leaned on the doorframe , looking down at me with half lidded eyes. my mouth slightly fell open as we made eye contact.

i rolled my eyes and scoffed before crossing my arms over my chest.
"what're you staking me now?"

"hmm. no, should i be? " he grinned as he scanned my body as i was dressed in only a towel and my bonnet.

"no! you creep! what you want anyway , it's almost twelve in the morning and you standing on my porch" i raised my brows at him.

"i just wanted to see you.—"you saw me last night" i told him.

he snickered and ran his hand through his hair. "where all this attitude coming from? " i rolled my eyes.

"okay, look. i wanna take you out."
i laughed in his face.

he kissed his teeth. "i'm being serious, ma. i'm feeling you and i don't usually feel..girls like that." i scoffed.

"oh so- so you gay? " i joked as i laughed even harder than before.

he kissed his teeth and scoffed.
"alright, bro. y'know what.. just forget it." i stopped laughing as he began to walk away. i cleared my throat as i was starting to feel bad for joshing on him.

"okay! i'm sorry!" i said as i ran after him, not caring that i was practically naked. a smile appeared across his lips as i approached him .

"how sorry are you ?" i furrowed my brows. "huh ?"

"how sorry are you ?" he repeated.
"i'm really sorry." i told him.

"sorry enough to be in the middle of the street, standing in front of you in the middle of the night in just my towel and my bonnet. you happy now?" i told him as his smile got bigger and i noticed an old white lady taking out her trash, staring at me.

he nodded. "so can i take you out?"
"sure, i guess." i rolled my eyes before attempting to walk back to my house.

"hold up for a second ." he grabbed me by my wrist and gently pulled me close to his body before pressing his lips against mine.

his lips were warm and soft, almost silken, and pillowy against my own.
they parted slightly, allowing his tongue to slip inside.

i could feel the soft tickle of his breath beneath my nose, my fingers carding through his hair and his right hand around my neck as we both breathed each other in.

after what seemed like forever, we finally let each other breathe. i looked up at him and admired his piercing blue eyes before turning away and walking back into my house.

when i got back up to my room, i slipped on a pair of panties and a baggy t shirt and hopped into bed.

after a few episodes of 13 reasons why, i watched one of my favorite disney movies; princess and the frog then fell asleep.