⁰²

ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴇᴅ

"CAN i get henny on the rocks?" a guy asked placing a ten on the glass counter, his arm hooked around the waist of pale skinned woman.

i nodded, stuffing the ten in my pocket before turning around to find the bottle of hennessy.

i gave the man his drink and he winked at me before walking off with the woman.

"Hey! get your ass up and get on stage!" Allegra, the club manager snapped at me. i quickly made my way to the back room to change. i have no specific job or position in this place. allegra is always pulling me every which way just cause she can.

she's the first wife of the man who actually owns this place and when i say first wife, i mean first wife. he has- had three other wives. allegra killed them, not literally but she killed their spirits, careers, families, their chances of anything and everything in their lives. so now she is the first and only wife.

if anyone fucks up or doesn't move fast enough, she'll either kick you to the curb or put you through complete hell.

when i first started here, i heard that a couple of years back there was this girl who worked as a personal bottle girl for allegra's husband and one night, she went up to the vip room and caught the girl giving her husband head.

allegra's husband said that the girl insisted on going down on him, the girl told allegra that what he was saying wasn't true and that she forced, that her life was threatened if she didn't do what he said.

allegra became enraged and drug the girl out the door by her hair and then cut her tongue out of her mouth for speaking lies about her husband.

but the whole story was just a rumor.

once i was dressed, i made my out to the stage and as soon as the platform of my heel touched the stage, the music blasted through the speakers.

i could dance that's for damn sure but normally i hated it. i hated the way that the middle aged- married men stared at my body. biting their lips, narrowing their eyes  at me, hollering obscene statements at me. but i did make most of my money when i danced.

like i said normally i hated dancing but tonight was different, i saw a guy. black hair, some what of a baby face, a nose piercing and tattoos of what i could see. he placed a hundred between   the elastic of my thong and hip.

when the song was done, i quickly gathered my money in a black plastic bag and ran off stage to change back into what i felt the most comfortable in.

i went back to the bar and started serving drinks to customers. shortly thereafter, allegra yanked me by my hair and dragged me to a private room. she threw  me to the ground and pulled out a gun, pointing it straight at my face.

i didn't flinch. i wasn't scared. i didn't beg. i just looked at her as she stared down at me.

with an instant, she pistol whipped me. i grunted in pain.

"if i see you with him again. i will kill you." she told me as she stepped from infront of the door. her henchmen just stood there and watched. i quickly got up and left the room, i got my things and left.

i didn't even notice that i was bleeding until i got home and looked into the mirror. i took a shower and doctored my wounds.

i met deanna in the hallway, she held a freshly made bottle and gave me a sincere hug.

i pulled away from her and went to my room to lay down.

two hours had passed and i couldn't sleep. i heard soft knocks coming from my window, i got out of bed and opened it. j'kari climbed in and kissed me passionately, guiding me back to my bed.

"you okay ?" He asked as he caressed the bandage on my forehead. i nodded as we looked into each other's eyes, studying one another's faces.

he pulled me into his body and i suppressed my sobs. as i buried my face in his chest.

"the only fans offer still on the table, y'know." i chuckled softly.

"shut up." i whispered as i fell asleep.