⁰¹

ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴇᴅ

"DALLAS !" my sister shouted over the music blasting from my headphones. i groaned in annoyance as i was trying to finish my homework.

i took off my headphones and walked downstairs. she gave me a worried look before handing me a letter. i furrowed my brows.

i read the letter before my heart dropped to my ass. "they can't do this! the house is paid off, right ?"

Deanna sighed, " i missed a couple of payments." she winced.

"what do you mean a couple?" i asked her as i slammed the letter down on the counter. she looked away in embarrassment "like two or three...maybe four..."

"Fuck ! why do i always have to clean up your messes! you're older than me, you should be more responsible than this!" i told her as she began to cry.

"im sorry. it's just been stressful between the baby and school and trying to find a stable job." i pulled her into a hug.

"it's fine, i'll just pick up some more hours at work. just go lay down." i said before grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge.

i glanced at the letter before throwing it in the trash. this house was given to me and my sister, Deanna after our parents passed in a car wreck on their way home from Boston. i was barely sixteen and she was nineteen. we had no other relatives so.

i ran upstairs to finish my homework but i couldn't stop thinking about the house. i grabbed my jacket and slipped on my crocs. i left and walked two blocks to my friends house. i walked through the back door and waved at their mother who was making some oxtails.

"Hi, ms. G. it smells good in here." i hummed as i gave her a hug.

she smiled at me, "it'll be ready here in a few minutes. lia, siah and kari are upstairs." i nodded and made my way through the house.

i opened the door to analia's bedroom and saw two boys. her brother, josiah and our pothead of a friend J'kari. they all smiled at me before giving me tight hugs.

i groaned as kari squeezed me so tightly that i thought i was going to fall out. i patted his shoulders.

"damn, nigga. let her go!" Josiah laughed. i gasped deeply as i caught my breath.

"you could've killed me!" i punched him in his stomach.

"im sorry, i just missed you so much. y'know you're my favorite person." kari laughed.

josiah and analia mugged him.

kari shrugged and kissed his teeth. "y'all know i love yall just as much as i love dally." he rolled his eyes.

"nigga, we just seen her yesterday." analia said throwing a plushie at kari's face.

i laughed, "don't be jealous cause im the favorite." a slight smirk appeared across my lips.

josiah kissed his teeth and mushed my face with his hand. "fuck outta here, you not the favorite cause you don't be onna game with him every night."

"you niggas is gay." analia and i both laughed at them.

"and is!" both boys said in unison as that dapped each other up.

lia and i mugged them as they pretended to make out in front of us. "please get a room."

"bro, it's 2024. beeee who youuuu areeee for yourrrr prideeeee!" lia said.

i let out a soft laugh before my face dropped, everyone noticed.
"what's up with you, dally?"

i cried and i never cry unless it was serious and this was serious. "imma lose the house. i don't know what imma do and Dede gotta baby she needa take care of."

they all pulled me into a hug. "it's okay, dallas. we gotchu whatever you need we here." Josiah said.

"yeah, if you need me to start an only fans, let me know." Kari said.

we busted out laughing. "nigga what?"

"Come eat ya'll" Ms. G called from downstairs.