Chapter 03: Things happen

—

B E A

A wine bottle swung in the air.

It went straight to Jake's head, luckily the bottle didn't cause him a serious injury but Charles flew a punch to his nose and a fairly loud cracking sound was heard, a drip of blood went out from Jake's nostrils. The chaos broke out. George tried to held Charles from the back, but Jake already land a punch on Charles's left cheek, made him lose his balance to the table.

"CARLOS STOP HIM!" Lando shouted from the corner.

"SHUT UP! I'M TRYING BUT HE'S TOO TALL!" Carlos shouted back.

I don't blame him for struggling to stop a 6'3 tall man went feral. The others tried to saperate those two while waiting for the security. Jake condition is much worse than Charles— that only had a scratch on his eyebrows— his nose was broken, eyes were swollen, and the corner of his lip was bleeding.

I was standing quite far from them, avoiding to accidently getting hit.

"You really don't deserve what you have now," Jake said, a sarcastic grin craved on his lips, "you're not even a half of how talented you think you are."

Charles scoffed, "But, I'm still more talented than you."

I thought the chaos finally over when the security's here, but Jake managed to start the second round, it was easy for him to get rid himself from Carlos and Lewis.  It was enough to fuel his anger. He throw a fist so hard that both of them on the ground.

I dared to intervene by pulling Charles away. But, when he pulled a fist, his elbow hit my face so damn hard that I stumbled backwards and fell to the floor.

The pain I felt in my face transferred to my head. Charles immediately let go of Jake and turned to me. He was holding both of my shoulders, very worried, but I couldn't hear his voice only a painful buzzing sound that I could hear. I shook my head, trying to get rid off It.

"Hill . . . Hill. . . HILL!"

"What?" I said with hand holding my head.

"Are you alright? You hurt?! Talk to me!" His hand moved to my cheek, cupping my face. Luckily, no one seem to notice. Most of the people— mostly the team principals— decided to leave before and during the fight. Tsunoda left first, he signed up to attend a meeting not to watch a Monegasque threw a whole fucking bottle of wine at a Jacob-Elordi-looked-alike guy who is almost 2 meters tall.

Fuck,” I muttered, seeing fresh blood flowing down from his temple, “You're bleeding!”

"Don't fucking think about me! Your nose is bleeding, for fuck's sake." He took a napkin from the table and wiped the fresh blood that I didn't realize was dripping profusely from my nose.

I haven't had a nosebleed in a long time. The last time I had was at college because I studied too much. The first time I had a nosebleed was because someone banged my head againts the wall, It was one of an experience I ever had. Same like when I fell down stairs.

Maybe that's what makes me able to tolerate pain really well.

But, I've never seen someone so worried for me and that person is Charles— who I used to hate.

After a few minutes, the situation finally settle down. No more fight. No more punching. No more flying wine bottle or other stuff. Jake had left the location after the staff took care of his wound, at least for now. The others seems so happy with him leaving, there's a relieve on their faces as If they are thanking Charles for beating Jake when nobody can't— just playing safe getting away from trouble. Hendry, the new team principal, had some words with Charles before we leave, I had no idea what they were talking about, I wasn't allowed to join them.

But, Charles seems so upset and mad when he passed me by to the parking lot.

"May I talk with you for a sec?" Hendry turned to me.

"Yeah, sure."

His chest rose as he took a deep breathe, "You had one job, Ms. Hill, and I thought you'd take It seriously. Your job isn't only to assist Charles but also keep him away from doing things like beating someone— what the fuck was he even thinking?? If you can't do your job seriously, then set your foot off from Ferrari. We only need people who can work."

I stood in silent as his words pierce through me, his disappointment trying to make me feel so useless and not taking my task seriously in this position. He made me asking myself If I'm really worth for this job.

"I should've given the seat to Jake. At least that kid can behave." He muttered, my eyes widened as my eyebrows furrowed, "But he started It first." I defend.

"Started what? The memorial thing? Jules' legacy? He wasn't wrong, Hill." The man scoffed at me, "I mean, who's Jules? Has he ever won a race?"

He tap my shoulder. "Now, why don't you go home with Charles, watch him, and don't let him do any other things like what happened. If he still messed up," he pause, "taking away his seat will never be hard and so with taking your job."