9| 𝙉𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏𝙈𝘼𝙍𝙀𝙎 𝘾𝙊𝙈𝙀 𝙏𝙍𝙐𝙀

Start from the beginning

He turned to Jake, "Okay before you say anything—" Peter interrupted him, "What the hell?"

Jake nodded, "I know, let me—"

"How does she know?" He was freaking out.

"Well she—" Jake was interrupted again.

"Did you tell her?" He asked while waking closer to him.

"Let me talk!" Jake yelled and Peter shut up.

"Thank you." He sighed, "I didn't tell her, she was with me when Gwen's father told me that he knows about you."

"I guess he thought that she knew too. And if you ask me, I think she did know because of the whole psychic thing but that's just my theory." He shrugged.

Peter shook his head, "No, no."

"Hey, it's okay she's not gonna tell anyone." Jake assured him.

"No, that means I have to stay away from her too." Peter explained causing Jake to frown, "I know about you."

"Does that mean you're gonna stay away from me too?" He received his answer when Peter didn't met his eyes.

"No." He said and Peter sighed, "Listen—"

"You have no reason to stay away from me I wasn't even in danger."

"Yes you were Connors was in the building!" Peter replied.

"He didn't hurt me." Jake argued further, "And I'm not gonna wait until some giant lizard or something else does hurt you." Peter yelled.

"I don't want to be the reason for your death. I can't be." He shook his head.

"So your plan was to completely ignore me after you leave tonight. You were just never gonna tell me?" Jake asked and Peter looked down.

"God Peter you're unbelievable." He scoffed.

"I just want to protect you." Peter whispered.

"And you do that by ignoring me? That's your great plan?"

Peter didn't respond.

Jake nodded, "Okay yeah great plan. Let's see how this will play out."

"You're going to walk out the door, you're gonna act like I don't exist and when a new villain comes along? What if he wants to kill or affect the whole city again?" He asked.

"That includes me too Peter. I'm in danger either way."

Peter shook his head, "No, no you don't understand." Jake threw his hands in the air, "What don't i understand?"

"If people find out about me, if they know my real identity, they're not just coming for me they will come for you too!" Peter snapped and Jake went quiet.

"You told me that and you were right."

He came closer to him, "Listen, if you die and I'm still here, I will literally go out of my freaking mind!" He continued.