21: Don't hold back

Far in the hall approaching footsteps could be heard, by the sound it felt unsteady and slow. Dhakirah heard the steps stop behind the door before the door creaked open letting the small frame of Noah in, as he stepped further into the room the moonlight traced his pale skin, revealing welts and bruises on his scarred body. With frail steps, he drew closer to the closet yanking the towel and wiping his hair, before reaching for the first aid knit. A strong alcoholic smell filled the air afterward along with a muffled hiss. Dhakirah watched Noah slipping on a shirt with a suppression groan before he changed into some fresh pants.

"You were gone for long." Darjirah finally broke the silence.

He heard the closet door shutting, as Noah turned around revealing a black eye and busted lips, "shouldn't you be sleeping?" Noah asked in a horsed voice as he headed towards his bed, Rafael was asleep just below.

"What did you do this time?" Dhakirah pressed on.

"Allegedly pour oil in Avgustin's ATV, it ruined the engine." Noah narrated as he mounted up to his bed.

Dhakirah paused, "Did you?"

He heard a small sigh, "No." Noah simply responded.

"So why do you get roasted then?"

Another sigh followed in the dark. "He didn't believe me as usual. I tried harder than ever. It made him mad and he accused me of lying." Noah paused, "It got messy, I had no other choice than to accept what it was. I got a day in the well." His small voice trembled as he ended his sentence.

Dhakirah frowned in the dark. "That's absurd."

His words hung in the air without meaning, "Everything here is absurd. Dhak. God, he took a knife to me." Noah voiced with a tone of fear, "Why does he hate me so much?"

Dhakirah threw his hands under his head, "Avgustin is not as bad, as you think. There must—"

"Not bad?" Noah cut him off whisper yelling, "He beats the hell out of me every freaking day! No matter how much I try to stay out of trouble. He hurts me every chance he gets and you say he is not BAD? Yeah, right, he is Demonic." Noah scoffed.

Dhakirah drew a small breath, "Noah, look he has reasons for all he does but—"

"Right!" Noah interrupted yet again in a harsh whisper with his voice filled with hatred, "If he hits me, humiliates me, throw me in a cold well with God knows what below the water in the dark, brutalizes me, abuses me, lashes me like a slave, starve me for days, give me hard labor, suffocate me, and damage me every freaking day! He has a reason for it?" Noah paused licking his lips, "There is no reason in the world that could justify what Avgustin does to me, it is just disturbing. Why does he treat me that bad? I mean, you're here, Browne, and Rafael too but none suffer in his hands more than I do." He ended sucking a huge breath afterward, Dhakirah sat up meeting his battered face illuminated by the moonlight, and Noah sighed.

"See—"

"I know." He cut in again with a small voice, "It is me. I'm the good reason he hurts me, the problem is me, is that what you're saying Dhakirah?"

Dhakirah shook his head, "Stop behaving like a child, you know it's not what I meant." He scolded.

Noah turned his back on Dhakirah, laying on his side as he suppressed a moan. Shutting his eyes he muttered, "That's the only answer that makes sense. You should have just let me bleed to death, you know."

"Noah, damn it!" Dhakirah whispered harshly as he sat on the edge of his bed, "Noah.." He called, "Noah, seriously will you just ignore me?"

Dhakirah waited for a response that never came, rolling his eyes he laid on his back with a growl.