🎸Riot Act - Gary Holt🧡

I walked into a club, getting ready for my job as a stagehand. I worked with the guitarists, loading their stuff out of their vans and buses and setting it up inside. I just worked with random small rock and metal bands around town. I've been working a lot lately, more and more metal bands sprouting around the San Francisco Bay Area.

"Hey there, Angel!" one of the bartenders, Sammy, waved from behind the counter. Sometimes I like my name, sometimes I don't. My parents named me that when I was born, cause I had the brightest blue eyes and the lightest blond hair, unlike my parents, who both have dark brown hair. I'd honestly say I'm more of a devil though.

(𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘺'𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸, 𝘢 𝘣𝘪𝘵 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘥-𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯)

𝗖𝗥𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗧 𝗧𝗢 𝗪𝗛𝗢 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗕𝗘𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗬 𝗜𝗦
............................................................................
"How's it goin' Sam?" I asked, sitting down at the bar as she handed me a beer.

"Oh, y'know. The usual. Who's playing tonight?"

"Eh, I think it's just some small local band." I shrugged, taking a drink of the beer.

I saw what looked like a band walk in, a couple of dudes dressed in denim and leather. They went behind the stage to get ready, and me and a few of the others went outside to their van.

I picked up one of the amps, and carried it inside, up the steps, and onto the stage where I set it up. I repeated that a few times with the other equipment. For some reason, I felt like someone was watching me the whole time. A dude probably in his way 30's, wearing a simple black shirt and jeans. Nevertheless, I continued to load all the gear in, doing the best I could to haul all the heavy gear.

We finished getting everything inside, and I was hooking the guitars and amps up when that guy walked up to me.

"You one of the stagehands?" he asked, looking down at the amps I was plugging in.

"Uh, yeah. For a while now, I work with the club." I nodded, standing up and turning to him.

He held out his hand, and said, "I'm Mark Whitaker, I'm looking for roadies and guitar techs for a band I'm managing. What's your name?"

I shook his hand, pretty confused.

"Oh uh, Angel. A roadie? I don't know, What band is it?"

"A little thrash band you may have heard of, Exodus."

My eyes widened in surprise and my jaw just about dropped. Exodus? 𝘛𝘩𝘦 Exodus? They've really just started getting popular, but they're definitely well known around here. They recently released Bonded By Blood, which is an 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘢𝘯𝘦𝘭𝘺 great album.