🎸Cathouse - Brent Muscat💙

"Pass me that lipstick over there."

I said to my friend, Tiffany, who was getting ready with me and my other friend, Jamie, so we could all hang out downtown.

"I still don't understand how we're gettin' in here."

I said nervously, looking down at the bright pink lipstick in my hands. My friends are bringing me to the Cathouse for a late birthday present. I was already excited enough when I heard this, I've always dreamed of going there, but I thought it'd be years before I had the chance. But they said there's an even bigger surprise waiting there. The problem is, I turned 18 early last month. This place only allows people who are 21 and older.

"I told you. I know a guy, who's sister knows another guy, who's apparently one of the bouncers who mans the back door."

Tiffany said, as if I was supposed to understand what ever the hell she was saying. I looked her in the eyes with my eyebrows raised.

"Oh, thank you, I understand EVERYTHING now." I rolled my eyes sarcastically.

"Whatever. I've been sneaking into that crack joint since I turned 17. As long as you look slutty enough, they'll let ya in." Jamie said, applying some mascara in the mirror, clearly proud of herself for this, "achievement."

I chuckled and shook my head at the two before standing up to change the vinyl in my record player. I'm the youngest out of my two friends, Jamie being 2 years older than me and Tiff being 11 months older. Even with that, I'd still say I'm the hardest partier out of the two. Not to brag or anything, but I've drank the two under the table more times than I can count.

I held the previously played vinyl in my hands, Faster Pussycat's self-titled debut album. Without a doubt one of my top favorites out of all the other albums I have. I brought it over to Jamie's house so we could listen to it while we got all dolled up. "What should we listen to now?" I asked them, staring down her vinyl collection that I'd kill a bitch for.

They both turned and looked at each other, making a few different facial expressions. I stared between the both of them, confused as hell, before they turned to me.

"How 'bout this one?" Tiffany said, walking over to her bed and pulling out what looked like a record wrapped up in paper.

I looked at them with the same confused look.

"This all seems too perfectly planned out." I laughed.

"Shut the hell up, just open it!" Tiffany exclaimed.

"Okay, okay." I said, slowly peeling back a corner of the paper. I saw what looked like grey. Then more gray. A few different shades of gray. Then a couple yellow letters in a swirly, almost hippie-like font.

I IMMEDIATELY knew what this was, and my jaw dropped.

Faster Pussycat's new album, Wake Me When It's Over. I couldn't find this anywhere, it's been sold out for the last month and I could never catch when it was in stock.

"No fucking way." I looked up at them, my jaw probably just about to the floor. You might say I'm overreacting, or that it's just an album, but it's a lot more than that to me.

"Happy fuckin' birthday, Rox." Jamie smiled, getting up from her chair to hug me, Tiffany following suit.

"Thanks dudes, this is so fucking cool! I can't believe I finally own this." I couldn't take my eyes off the album.

"Well there's a lot more where that came from." Tiffany smirked, sitting back down on her chair and finishing her makeup.

"I wish y'all would stop teasing me about it and just fuckin' tell me." I rolled my eyes. They've been saying little shit like that for the past 3 days, just giving me little pieces of information. And it's hard for me to wait for surprises like that.