Naruto VS Boruto timeskip: Why the NG beat the OG?

Naruto and Boruto now both have timeskips in their respective series and it shouldn't come as a shock there's similarities between them both. Both of them have the protagonist return to the village after a certain amount of year with the ultimate goal of becoming stronger to stop the series deuteragonists from their path to villainy after failing to do so years prior in the end of Part 1 which prompts them to leave the village with a older and experienced ninja for the sake of character development. However that's where the similarities stop because the results of those timeskips are the exact opposite and as much as I love Naruto and this is gonna piss off some of the OG fans but Boruto did it better. Boruto after his timeskip completely changed as a person, learned new jutsu, and actually got stronger whereas Naruto after his timeskip pretty much stayed the same for the most part, pretty much learned nothing, and didn't get stronger. So for today's discussion we're going to be explaining why that is the case but before we get into that there are going to be MANGA SPOILERS for Boruto: Two Blue Vortex you have been warned. Anyways so without further ado let's get started.

The change in the character

The first point on why Boruto's timeskip was better is that we see an actual change in Boruto's character. When Naruto first returned to the village after 2 and a half years he acted pretty much the same as he did mostly in Part 1 which leaves a big issue. As we all know after his fight with Sasuke, Naruto was determined to bring Sasuke back to the village and get stronger to defend himself against the Akatsuki and save Sasuke before Orochimaru has a chance to take his body. Sounds cool right except when Naruto returns we don't see a huge change in his personality he's still loud, cheer-fee, cocky, stubborn, and arrogant which is a big issue. Now obviously throughout the rest of Part 2 or Shippuden we see Naruto have a massive growth especially at the end but in the beginning that's not the case it felt more like he rebooted somehow. That was not the case with Boruto. After Eida casted the Omnipetence and Kawaki frames Boruto for the murder of Naruto and Hinata, Boruto returned to the village after 3 years and we saw a massive change in his character so much in fact that it's hard to tell if he's the same character as he was in Naruto Next Generations, bro looks emo, depressed, serious, and looks like he's seen the dark side of the world which makes sense because Kawaki forced him to leave the village years prior and he witnessed Sasuke become a tree and he's pretty much alone yet still maintained the light and hope. Regardless the Boruto that we saw in Naruto Next Generations is pretty much gone forever and in his place stood a boy in Two Blue Vortex who lost everything and is determined to take back what is rightfully his. If you compare Boruto's personality to his father when he was his age, it's not even close, when you take a look at Naruto after the timeskip sure he's grown but he's still pretty much the same as he was in Part 1, whereas id you look at Boruto after the timeskip you might end up mistaking him for a different person as the Boruto we previously saw in Part 1 pretty much no longer exists.

New Jutsu > No Jutsu

Secondly what makes Boruto's timeskip much better than Naruto's is due to the fact that the main character actually learns much more new things like more jutsu. When we take a look at Naruto one of the criticisms of the post timeskip was the belief that Naruto didn't learn anything and honestly they aren't entirely wrong, all we see Naruto do is learn slight control over the Nine Talis and create like giant Rasengans, basically he's using the same jutsu he always used in Part 1, he didn't learn any other jutsu or another Elemental Release or anything like that. You would think Jiraiya would've taught him some crazy stuff like Sage Mode during the timeskip but that's not the case. Boruto on the other hand has learned some insane shit, he learned the Uchiha clan's fighting style from Sasuke, he mastered Purple Lightning to the point where he can use it to the same extent Sasuke has used Chidori, he can use Minato's Flying Raijin, and he  can even use the Uzuhiko which is his strongest jutsu as it uses the Rotation of the entire Earth. Boruto has clearly learned some insane shit stuff that he properly wouldn't have learned otherwise if he didn't have Sasuke and Kashin Koji there training him. Comparing the two once again it's clearly obvious to some who has learned something new, it's not to say Jiraiya hasn't taught Naruto him anything but the fact that he hasn't learned any new overpowered techniques outside of the Rasengan is just baffling to say the least.

Grows stronger

Finally the last point why the NG surpassed the OH in terms of timeskip is due to the fact that the protagonist actually gets stronger. After Naruto and Boruto returned from their timeskips, it's reasonable to say they are stronger than their previous base forms. However the difference between how strong after they got back is very clear and shows their progress especially when compared to their respective series deuteragonists Sasuke and Kawaki. Let's take a look at Naruto. Going by my previous point Naruto's actions in the first 2 arcs it makes it clear that that I question if Jiraiya was training him properly. To be fair Naruto had at least been shown to hold his own very well against opponents like Deidara and Orochimaru, but the biggest difference is when he fights Sasuke for the first time in years. In that fight we saw Sasuke toss around Naruto and Team 7 without breaking a sweat and Naruto just feels weak. Now honestly I'm perfectly fine with Sasuke losing to Naruto, but at least show how much Naruto has improved because people are questioning what Jiraiya's training methods. Everything I said is the complete opposite with Boruto. After his timeskip, Boruto actually proved he improved, outside of learning some new jutsu he's a total monster. He stomped Code with utter ease, and he's sliced Ten Tails monsters without breaking a sweat without using his Karma which is definitely above Kawaki who had to blast one Ten Tails monster away, and dude could've easily one shot Mitsuki if he wanted to which clearly says a lot on how strong he's gotten physically. Sasuke and Kashin Koji have clearly taught him so much that Boruto managed to prove he is stronger in raw power. With all my 3 points while both timeskips are unique in their own way Boruto ultimately proved to be superior due to his new jutsu, gotten stronger, and character development.

But anyways guys that's going to be it for today thank you all so much for reading let me know in the comments below if you agree or disagree and I will see you all next time. Peace.