Chapter 6 | Do You Like Bunny's?

Start from the beginning

"So, going back onto a topic from earlier. Why are you single? If you don't mind me asking?" She presses the question but doesn't pressure it either! Trying to carry on a more public area friendly conversation now. I word it very specially. "Truthfully! I'm not entirely sure what it is I want right now. I'd best describe it as I feel no real purpose or reason to seek anyone out, or put someone in my life right now, when I myself haven't a clue WHO or what! I want in my life right now. I'd have no idea what to do once I had someone of my own! We're to go with it! That, and I just don't think I! Myself know enough about who I am, what I want to be, were I want to go, or what purpose I serve in this world! An I feel like it'd be unfair to bring someone into my life, them not knowing that I'm actually just a big, massive unfinished puzzle that they might find out they don't belong in when alls said and done... Ya know?" I explain, being... Surprisingly up front with Big J. "An your scared to hurt someone you love, by letting them in and potentially wasting their time." She seems to get the picture incredibly well.

"Yeah..." "Well... I almost feel like an ass saying this. But... Have you ever thought maybe letting someone in anyway. They might help you find out about yourself and that you may even find purpose through them or maybe even IN them?" She asks, offering another way to look at things. I knew, I really knew she was saying it on one hand to open me up to people entering my heart. Specifically, for her. But. I knew it wasn't just that. It was genuinely her giving advice and it was more so a friend than anything else. I do sit there for a moment or so in silence. . . Staring at her for a moment, visually debating and letting those words raddle around in my brain stem. Before I spoke. "Damn!" I cross my arms, looking down at the table in front me, with this look of confliction and ponder! "That's something I didn't even consider."

"I can tell haha" She laughed for a very short period, sitting forwards, laying her arms atop the table, awkwardly twiddling her thumbs. With this gentle but deep blush just below her eyes. "Talk about earning brownie points." I mutter under my breath a bit flustered actually that she'd opened my eyes like that. I'm not sure how I feel about it now. Definitely conflicted. But I'll have to think hard about it at home tonight and probably a few weeks before I do anything irrational with that information. "Ha... Is that what we're calling it now?" She asks, amused by that, breaking the awkward silence. Both of us looking up from the table, onto each other. "Damn right! Earn enough and you win a stuffed animal or some shit!" I joke, desperately climbing my way out of that awkward conversation into something cringy, or less awkward by all means! Without forcing it.

"Well! Well! Is the bear Alaskan? I don't want it if it isn't~" She flirted, providing me the proof that we're out of that awkward rut! I thought that was actually pretty smooth. I keep my arms crossed and sit back trying to look cool with this smirk. I showed in my eyes that I was impressed by the smoothness of her flirt this time around. As I blushed gently, but deeply towards it. "Goodness my pervert is learning to flirt properly!! If your' trying to get me all flustered up! You're doing it right!!!" "What can I say! I know what I want! An I'm persistent when it comes to getting it!" "At this point! Persistence is your greatest quality!!!" I jokingly insult, uncrossing my arms, and leaning forwards, arms atop the table with a jokingly teasing look.

She opens her mouth to shoot something quippy back, when her attention lands onto two walking into the store. The door chims ring as they do. "-He left with Seydlitz. She's like! Twice his age!" North Carolina pouts in a bummed-out tone to her sister Washington. New Jersey seemed entranced by something about them. So much so, she just... Blanked out. Literally and visually. So of course I waved a hand in front her face. Nothing happened! Then! Only then, do I turn in my chair, and I see exactly what it was that had her flabbergasted!!! North Carolina and Her sister Washington in two different styles of Casino Playboy Bunny suits... LITERALLY!!! Just walking in, wearing this... HEAVILY sexualized outfit that left less to the imagination then you'd honestly expect. I burst into a deep blush across most of my cheeks. Staring deeply at North Carolina's outfit the most. New Jersey was doing the very same.