the end

Sorry it took so long, but here is the final chapter! I don't really have any plans for this story, but if there are ideas people want me to write as bonus chapters, I would be happy to :)

I'm just not sure how much people actually care about this story, lol

Enjoy!

─────────── ˚ʚ💌ɞ˚ ─────────

I couldn't believe it.

Today was already Violet's birthday; one whole year of her life had passed in a flash, and I couldn't fathom how big she had gotten and how much she had grown into a little human with her own personality. 

I had been running around all morning, setting up the backyard for her party. The fall weather had brought a cool breeze to the recent summer air, and we were only having a small party with some friends, family, and Bo's teammates, opting for a celebration in the backyard. 

I walked back into the house to grab an orange gingham sheet for the table outside. I saw Bo lying shirtless on the couch with Violet snuggled into his chest, the two watching tennis on the TV while she babbled away using nonsense words. Bo would occasionally nod or answer her, helping to further whatever story she was telling him. 

I smiled at the two as I continued going in and out of the house like a madman, trying to make sure everything was perfect before the guests started to arrive despite the fact that I still had several hours to prepare. To honour the season, we were having a fall-themed party and decorated the patio with oranges, browns, and yellows. 

I had just walked back into the living room, looking for a candle to set out on the table, when I felt Bo grab my wrist, yanking me down to the couch and into his side. I giggled as I fought to get out of his grip, trying to continue my preparations despite moving through the house like a tornado.

"We still have three hours. Come sit with us, please," Bo said, exaggerating a puppy dog face afterwards.

I swung my head back with a laugh, finding humour in his attempts to convince me to sit down. As I kicked my feet up on the coffee table, I decided it was probably best I took a break for now anyway. 

Violet raised her head and looked over at me, a smile gracing her features as her little teeth poked out.

"Hi, my angel," I said in a baby voice, rubbing her soft cheek as she giggled back. Bo leaned his head back on the couch as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders, squishing the three of us in together.

"You stink from practice."

"I do not stink."

"Did you shower when you got back this morning?"

"I don't stink," he said, raising his voice in a joking tone.

I picked up Violet from off his chest, standing up to get her ready for the party.

"Go shower before the party, you're stinking up our daughter too" I said slyly sniffing Violet before walking down the hall.

"I don't stink!" I heard him yell.

I laughed as I placed Violet down on the carpet in her bedroom, walking over to the closet to pick out an outfit.

She had started walking a couple weeks ago and was still working on her balance, normally using the furniture or walls around her as support. I could hear her stumbling over to me to see what I was doing as I rummaged through the closet and drawers to find what to put her in.

I scooped her up in my arms as I changed her into a pale yellow plaid onesie, decorating her head with a burnt orange bow headband. I squealed at how cute she looked, causing her to let out a similar shriek, kicking her feet with equal amounts of excitement as we both giggled to each other.