month four

(side note, thank you to my two lil readers ily 🥹)

─────────── ˚ʚ💌ɞ˚ ─────────

જ⁀➴
           I laid on the stiff bed, Bo's hand in mine, keeping my full attention on him as the doctor moved the cold tool around my stomach. I continued to stare at Bo, I knew I wouldn't even recognize what I was looking at if I tried but I was too nervous to ruin the surprise.

"Okay, i'll print out the information of the baby and the gender and slide it in the envelope" the doctor said.

Bo and I smiled at each other as the doctor wiped my stomach off, letting me know we were done the appointment for today.

"Everything still looks good, vitals are all healthy, just make sure to keep taking your vitamins" the doctor added.

"Thank you so much" I said as he handed me the envelope, shaking Bo's hand and leaving the room.

Bo and I got in the car and headed down to the restaurant where we were meeting George, Charlise, and their boys for lunch. Once we got there, we searched for the family who had been waiting at a table for us.

"Hiiii! Okay let me have it, come on" Charlise said excitedly.

"Remember you can't open it until we leave" I said with a teasing tone, rolling my eyes.

While I told Bo I didn't want a baby shower, Charlise convinced us to at least do something fun for the gender reveal. She would be in charge of orchestrating the surprise and it would just be a small get together with the team.

"I won't, I won't. I just want the power of holding it" she joked.

We continued to chat through lunch about the pregnancy and and new things going on in our lives. I sat with George Jr. on my lap, giving his parents a break and helping him up cut up and eat his food.

"Auntie have?" George Jr. said looking up at me.

I giggled, looking down at him, "No, no baby you eat that, auntie has her own" I said sweetly.

I was too focused on convincing the toddler to eat his food that I hadn't noticed Bo staring at me and George Jr. with adoration. George and Charlise giggling like school girls at his loving gaze that encapsulated the two of us.

"Ready to be a dad?" George chimed in with a teasing tone.

Bo snapped out of his trance, looking over to his teammate with wide eyes.

"Uh, I mean i'm excited for sure. I just, don't know if ready is the right word" he said shyly.

George and Charlise laughed before he continued, "No one's ever ready for their first Bo. It's gonna be a shit show, always is. The love you two have for each other is all you need to get through it" he said with a smile.
Bo and I looked at each other, warm smiles gracing our features.

─────────── ˚ʚ💌ɞ˚ ─────────

It was the day of our mini get together for the gender reveal, and mine and Bo's one year anniversary, and I couldn't be more excited. Bo was in the shower as I was finishing curling my hair, tying the top section of my hair up into a bun, securing a white silk bow around it, leaving the bottom half of my hair to lay over my back and shoulders.

I had light makeup on, my eyelids shimmering with a white sparkle and a berry coloured tint on my cheeks and lips. Despite it only being a small gathering, I wanted to look nice for pictures so I decided to wear a dress.

Staying true to the Blue Jays, we had a theme of blue and white. If you thought it was a girl, you wore white, or if you thought it was a boy, you wore blue. While I had no idea what I thought it was going to be, nor did I care, we decided that I would wear white and Bo would wear blue.