month five

જ⁀➴
Now that I was 23 weeks, my bump was a lot more visible. The growth of it was something I wasn't used to, making it a lot more difficult to get around than I thought it would be.

Bo had just left for the Jays road trip yesterday and would be gone for 2 weeks. While I was still very capable of doing everything on my own, I will admit I was going to miss having Bo do everything for me while he was gone.

I was constantly out of breath, laundry absolutely drained me, but my inability to sit still made it even worse. I just wanted everything done but it wasn't that easy with Bo gone every day to play baseball.

Today, I was really determined to get the nursery done. I still had all the boxes of furniture that Mariana had bought with me when we went baby shopping, cans of paint to redo the room, and I had all the gifts from the baby shower to unpack.

Knowing I wouldn't be able to do all this alone, I called Elisa to come over and help me along with Santi's girlfriend Alejandra.

Going through my closet to get ready, it was becoming extremely noticeable that none of my pants were fitting. I didn't even have it in me to feel upset about how much weight I gained, just angry. My growing stomach made it impossible to do up the pants button, if my pants even made it that far up because my hips and thighs had also widened out, most of my pants getting stuck at my knees now. I had to buy all new bras because my chest seemed to grow by the day, and I was uncomfortable with all the extra weight that swung around on the daily.

Why can't I look nice anymore? Everything that does fit me makes me look like a mom. I mean, I am a mom, or will be soon, but that means I can't dress how I did before I became giant?? Constantly clad in stretchy pants and Bo's shirts because it was all I could walk around in without feeling like I was suffocating.

Before my inner rage could consume me, I heard my phone buzzing, indicating Bo was calling.

I let out a huff and laid back in bed, forgetting about my clothing dilemma and answering Bo's FaceTime with a grumpy look on my face.

"Hi beautiful, what's going on" he giggled out, noticing the extent of my features.

"My clothes don't fit." I mumbled out grumpily.

"It's fine sweetheart, you're growing our baby girl, you need enough room for the both of you" he said back sweetly.

"I knowwww. But I want to wear my jeans" I said quietly, looking away from the camera.

"You will eventually, why don't you wear those sweatpants you always look cute in? They're stretchy hm?" he said softly.

I smiled shyly. God, he always knew what to say, I hated that.

"Yea I will, sorry for being a downer. Are you headed to the field?" I asked looking at the time.

"Yea we're gonna get lunch first and then we'll head over for practice. Are you watching tonight?" He asked hopefully.

I smiled, "Of course I am. El and Alejandra are coming over today to help me get the nursery done and we'll be watching on tv together" I said excitedly.

"That's nice baby, I hope you guys have fun. I'm sorry I haven't helped you set it up" he said, his voice getting quieter.

"I know you're busy love, don't worry about it. This is why we have friends and family yea?" I said reassuringly.

"Yeah" he said back with a smile.

"Sorry to cut the conversation short baby but i'm at the restaurant" he said.

"That's okay, I should probably put clothes on" I said with a laugh.

I could see Bo's eyes widen slightly at my statement before he spoke, "I mean I could always be a little late to dinner if you back the camera up" he said jokingly, moving in closer to his phone camera.