Chapter 30 - Footage

Start from the beginning

Again, the camera glitches just as you no longer appear slumped against the wall. Instead, you took a slight limp forward to Vox's body in the centre of the room, sporting a bloodied lip and a smile on your face. "So close, yet so far," you shake your head while dropping to your knees above him. In one motion, the blade raises above your head. "If only you weren't so sloppy,"

One last flicker of the screen, and it seemed the fight was over. Two badly injured overlords and one smug grin on your face. Wiping your hands and humming the same tune you had in the elevator, you took each phone and snapped it in the palm of your hand before setting it ablaze in the centre of the room next to Vox.

"Velvette?" You glance over your shoulder, "Mind telling me which floor Valentino's studio is in?"

"Look for the button with an eggplant on it," she explains, "hey, you gonna clean this up?"

"Goodbye, Velvette!" you sing, stepping into the elevator without a care.

"Oh yeah! That bitch burned not only my studio but my entire office! I don't know which bitch I own or not!" Valentino bellows in a fury.

"Should put them in a safe," Carmilla rolls her eyes, no longer interested.

"She certainly got you good," Rosie giggles, making Vox scowl.

"Since this is your friend, Alastor, I assume you can talk to her?" Carmilla looks to the radio demon.

"Alastor?" Rosie tilts her head, "are you alright?"

Alastor stood up, dusting off his sleeves and left with no words. His mind was whirring, his heart rapidly beating and nothing but you on his mind. He needed to speak to you, and he needed to do so now.

"Where you going, coward?!" Vox shakes his fist. Soon enough, he drops to his knees and frowns. "Ow..."

~~~

You write up the last of the finances for the month at the front desk, enjoying the quiet lobby for once. Pentious was out in the park with the egg boys, Charlie and Vaggie were doing a little shopping, Angel and Husk were occupied upstairs, and Niffty was likely in the basement hunting bugs.

All you had now was the stains Niffty had named and the eyes adorning furniture. A few more hours and Alastor should be-

"Alastor?" When the door had burst open, you didn't expect the very sinner you were thinking of to appear. "I thought you weren't back until this afternoon," you chuckle, putting the papers to one side and standing up to what you assumed would be a hug.

Oh, how wrong you were. His hands met your body, one to your hip and the other to your face, as his lips urgently pushed against yours. You stumble backwards until your back hits the wall, palms pressing flat against the detailed crests adorning each inch of the hotel.

With the revelation that Alastor really was kissing you, your hand instinctively pushes him back. As any reasonable person in shock would do, you land a strike to his face, almost instantly placing both of them over your face in further shock.

His head was turned to the side, a palm raising to soothe the slight sting. "I..." his voice lost all trace of static, "Forgive me, I wasn't-"

Ironically, this time, you took him by the collar and pulled him back onto you, feeling a smile forming as the most prominent weight lifted from your chest. He couldn't stop himself either, holding onto you as if any falter would have you dragged right from his arms. Not now, no, it would be much too soon.

One hand falls to the small of your back, turning you away from the wall and dipping you down. Light as a feather, your head was in a daze and taking a second for air was a forgotten thought.

This was heaven.

All you wanted was him. All you needed was him.

Your arms drape around his neck, one tangling in his hair while the other relaxes, gently dragging a finger along his spine. A low hum escapes him, the vibration tickling your lip subtly and causing your smile to widen.

Finally, it seemed you both needed a moment to process it all. "That was..." your voice trails off.

"Spectacular?" he raises a brow, pulling you back to your feet.

"Did you want to give yourself a little more credit there?" you joke softly before your eyes furrow up, "hold on, hold on, let's rewind time a little," your hands never move from his shoulders, "What happened?"

"What do you mean?" his eyes furrow the same as yours while he rubs your hip with his thumb,

"Well, need I remind you that in all our years, I can't recall you kissing me like that- or at all, for that matter!" you say more obviously.

"Ah..." he trails off.

"Ah," you repeat blatantly, "not that I'm complaining, but I would certainly love to know what I need to repeat in the future,"

A crimson glow appears on his face, eyes averting as he nervously steadies his breath, "maybe I finally had enough pretending I didn't harbour feelings for you,"

"I must say, I'm glad something made you snap," you pull him in for a much softer kiss. "But you must know, after all these years, I am not stupid. What was the actual reason?"

He presses his forehead against yours, "I may or may not have just seen you ever so elegantly tear Vox and Valentino to shreds," he lets out in an embarrassed whisper.

Your eyes widen, your head reeling back, first in fear and then in blatant shock. "You..." Your mind started to turn a little faster before it clicked, "Velvette..."

"My dear, you were absolutely flawless," his hand gently squeezes your face, placing a kiss on the other side.

"Really? It wasn't too... barbaric?" You ask, dumbfounded.

"Barbaric?" he looked just as dumbfounded, "why, of course not!" Alastor shook his head, "I think it was well deserved," he took you into a gentle spin, as always. This time, however, it felt all too surreal. The fluttering in your chest, the spinning feeling in your head, and your hands buzzing with excitement, you could stay in this loop of never-ending joy forever.

"I don't think I'll ever truly understand what goes on in that mind of yours,"

"And where would the excitement be if you did?" he pulls you closer and gives a soft kiss to your lips just as the hall hears a slight creak. With wide eyes, the two of you slowly turn to see Niffty holding her bug puppets with the broadest smile breaking out. "Niffty, dear, don't-"

"We were just-" you blurt out after Alastor did, but it was much too late. She scurries down the hall with a manic giggle while you and him share a look of defeat, "I suppose it's only a matter of time until we get bombarded?"

"Oh, I don't think so," he keeps a tight hold of you, forgetting to give warning of the slightly dizzying experience of disappearing into the shadows.

~~~

HELL YEAH- ngl Alastor the type of mf to only like someone when they beat Vox's ass

Also ngl the following chapters are a bit mid and I'm not very proud of it alas my brain has given up on me so I do apologise

- Anna ❤️