Chapter 7: The Dungeon and The Royal Guards

We passed by a few soldiers guarding occupied cellars as we got deeper into the dungeon. Reaching another stair leading down, I hear screams and lashings of a whip at the bottom. I sighed under my cloak. They never work. Soldiers know nothing about torturing.

We halted in front of two massive wooden doors. I looked around and it seems this is the innermost part of the dungeon. The cellars ended at the top floor from where we are now. No other cellars or rooms are here.

"We have an audience inside. Will you be uncomfortable?" Argon said as he put his hood over his head.

"I really do not like a crowd but that is something you should ask them instead of me knowing what I am brought here for." I replied but was a little annoyed with the information. I have my hooded-cloak but I know I will need to take this off.

"The king is inside, Hestia and so are his adviser and the three royal guards. We must at least show some respect." I didn't say anything and when it was clear that he was not getting any response, he sighed and knocked twice. The noise from inside stopped and I heard her voice.

"She's here. Come in!"

The doors creaked as they opened. There are no windows and the only source of light came from torches mounted on the pillars on each side of the room. In the middle was one of the soldiers we caught, bloodied. He was kneeling, his arms were extended on both sides, chained. His feet strapped on the floor restricting him to move from the spot as if the chains weren't enough. One Albione soldier stood behind him with a bloodied whip.

"That's her? She looks like a child." I heard one of the royal guards say, garnering laughter from one, the other remained silent. They all stood on the right side of the room. The king and someone who seemed to be his adviser, the queen and the prince, and the three royal guards with their fancy clothing and immature minds. On the left side were the two unconscious soldiers.

I saw the king made his way to us and Argon immediately knelt with one knee to show his respect. I, on the other hand, remained standing. In a split second, I came face to face with a sword.

"On your knees or you will be cut." The brown haired royal guard said as the other two came to the king's side. So, they're not as incompetent as I thought them to be.

"I apologize, s—"

"Silent, tracker. You are not spoken to. I will not ask again. Kneel." He threatened again but I stood my ground, not faltered by his sword or his empty threats. Her orders are the only ones that matter to me.

"Let us not fight among ourselves here." The king said, tapping the guards on their shoulders.

"Lower your sword, Dhovan. She's not the enemy here."

"I will not tolerate any disrespect towards you, My Lord."

"Oh, nonsense. I have known Hestia from when she first came here as a child." Everyone was silent and after a while, the guard finally lowered his sword and stepped aside.

"And now she has grown to be a promising fighter." He said as he stood right in front of me. He has aged. But then I have not seen him for years.

"A murderer is what she is." The blonde royal guard commented.

"We are all murderers in war, Ian. Now, Hestia, I understand you only take orders from my queen, so I asked her a little favor." He said, guiding me to the battered soldier. I glanced at the queen and she just nodded.

"I believe you and Argon are the ones who caught them. Do what you must, dear. We only need answers."

"Does she not have a tongue?"