chapter fourteen.

You're currently wearing one of Benny's extra jerseys. Not extra, more so it was old, and he outgrown it. It was too small enough for him, but the right size just for you. So you wore that over a random shirt and jeans-Benny found these when he dug deep in his drawers.

So now you wore a jacket with Rodriguez at the back. Oh gosh, now everyone was gonna know you and him were dating!

"Wait!" Benny paused, you packed up everything, including Mr. Chomps, and you two were out to his front door ready to go. "I need my flyers." Benny walked to his garage, where all his shoes were mostly stored.

"Flyers? You don't need posters for your attempt of suicide." You furrow your eyebrows.

"No, no, no, no, that's not what these are." Benny shook his head and shuffled through some boxes. He found a light green box, and it looked brand new. "My dad got me these for my fourteenth." He explained, PF the box was labeled.

"What does it do?" You questioned, intrigued.

"A secret weapon, these guarantee extra speed and jump heights." Benny explains, "I'm not gonna mess them up just walking to get the group, I'll wear them when I'll do it." Benny added.

"I hope you don't hurt yourself when you do it, babe." You hope.

"I won't, I won't." Benny shook his head.

"Apparently this Beast can eat you, and that doesn't sound pleasant to think about. We haven't even reached a one month anniversary." You frown.

"It's been a week! And one month of mutual pining since we first met." Benny explained.

"Yeah! A week! That's so little!" You pinch your fingers, exaggerating its size.

"Well, if I do end up somehow dying, I'll think of you." Benny says.

"No, because you won't die. I'll pull your heart rate right from the tomb to wake up again. Because if you think you're dying first, man, you're so wrong." You declare.

"It's a good thing you're in my side and supporting me doing this. I think everyone else is gonna freak. Real badly." Benny smiled, "So thanks. Thanks for everything that's happened to me recently, actually." Benny added.

"Yeah, don't mention it." You shrug, "But yeah, the kids will freak, they're gonna think you're gonna die and they might grow gray hairs just at the thought of it." You thought of the idea, even chuckling at it.

"Alright, we ready to go?" He asked.

"I'm not gonna bring this bag, right? I'll drop it off at my mom's real quickly." You tell him.

"Yeah, yeah, of course. Go do that right now, so we can be together more too." Benny suggests.

You sigh with a smile, "Okay, handsome."

You open the door and take a quick run to your house. It wasn't too bad, the door was always unlocked. You assumed both of your parents were sleeping. Additionally, you had enough time to leave your bag on the kitchen table, and leave a note.

Hey, going with Benny to the sandlot. If this is mom reading this, I'll tell you what happened when I get home!

It was a really quick trip! And you knew you had to visit, because your mom would be very concerned and would probably call the house phone to the Rodriguez' phone.

"We gotta wake up Scotty first?" You guessed.

"Yeah, he's the closest." Benny nods. He was running right for the window.

"Hey! Why are we running so early! I barely warmed up!" You cry tiredly already, Benny laughs.

Benny walked back to hold your hand, you were relived. But Benny was being a little-he continued to run while holding your hand! You roll your eyes at his foolish antics.