chapter six.

The treehouse was actually very easy to spot. It was very obvious. You could spot a huge tree with a small house on top of it, a literal tree house. You didn't see those much from New York.

"This is it, right?" You asked Scotty, looking up at the tree.

"You can hear the radio, and Ham from a mile away. Yes, I'm one hundred percent positive this is!" Scotty retorts.

"Okay, okay! A simple 'Yes' works fine!" You scoff.

In the jungle
The mighty jungle
The lion sleeps tonight

You two could loudly hear the music play from a radio inside. "You're going first." You immediately pointed now towards him.

"What? Why me?" Scotty asked.

"I tried to hop the fence earlier, I did your plan first. And we're both very late." You bring up.

Scotty sighed but went up to the ladder. "Sorry I'm late!" You could hear him shout, "My mom made me put on my jacket, and do the dishes." Now you could hear the boys laugh at that explanation.

"Is Y/N coming?" Benny asked.

"Yeah." Scotty nods.

"Yeah, yeah, Benny, your princess is getting late. Let's hope she didn't have her beauty sleep right now. Maybe go to her house and kiss her to wake her up." Yeah-Yeah retorts, making you blink at the sudden joke.

"Shut up." Benny muttered.

That should be good, Benny was looking for you, making you feel more appreciated. You sighed and climbed up the ladder as well.

"Hi guys." You reply, "I'm not late, everyone else is early. And I am wide awake." You add, walking over to an empty space near Ham and setting your sleeping bag there.

Yeah-Yeah looked at Benny with a cheeky grin.

Ham was conversing with Scotty about s'mores. Apparently Scotty never heard of one. "You're killing me, Smalls." Ham sighed. "These are s'mores stuff." He begun to explain what a s'more was, the cracker, the marshmallow, the chocolate, and then how to make it.

"Ham, make me one too." You interject, "You got it." Ham nods, taking a bite out of Scotty's, then passing it back to him.

You looked at your set up sleeping bag, with your bag set down right next to it. And then the person who was next to you. Oh gosh, it was Benny fidgeting with a bat, he was staring at you. The whole freaking time!

"Hey, finally noticed me." Benny grinned, you chuckle.

"I know, I would've noticed earlier if I wasn't so focused on something that wasn't you." You reply.

"Lee, your s'more." Ham tapped your shoulder, you turned around and got it with a nod.

"Thanks, Ham." You took a bite of it, the taste melted off your tongue. "Yum!" You smile in satisfaction as you were chewing.

"You've heard of those before, I assume?" Benny sat up with you.

"Yeah. They're delicious." You muffled.