chapter three.

"Baseball?" Your mother questioned you, checking your outfit for the day. It was drastically different from your yesterday one.

"Yes, mom, I'm going to break gender norms in this town! I went on an adventure with Scotty yesterday while you were gone with his mom!" You recite the story, not much, but eventful.

.˚

You went to the thrift store, because it was the only store you two knew-right next to the drugs store- in which Scotty pretended to shop for boy clothes to find your perfect own pair of...jeans(?!?!) and a cute shirt. The stares you two got from the judgy workers were phenomenal, and you couldn't care less.

"This blue suits me!" You point at the base of a white shirt with blue on the sleeves and bordering the neck. "And these jeans? Don't get me wrong, I love me a dress, but these are so comfy!" You were showing Scotty once you were out of the dressing rooms. You were posing and touching the material of the fabric, a whole new experience it was.

"I'm sure dresses can't be that uncomfortable." Scotty comments.

"Oh, brother, you haven't seen none of it." You warned. "And, you're sure you don't want nothing else for yourself? We have to make it look believable you got clothes too." You whisper. "Okay, why don't you just go and find some genuine clothes and then I go change out of these. I hope no one didn't steal my totally beautiful and cool dress, that shade is also my other favorite blue." Scotty just nods and stands up.

"Just call me when you're done...or find me, that's easier." Scotty says, "I'll try to find clothes like yours. Maybe there's some, not sure..." he trailed off and once you saw him out of your sight you went back into the dressing room.

┆ ⋆.˚ ☾ .⭒˚ ┆

"So you two must be good friends now, hm?" Your mother asked, seeming a bit uninterested in it.

"Yeah! At least...to me." You say with a smile.

"Well, that's nice. You can go out and play with him today if you want, technically you don't have school yet until August." Your mom offers.

"Cool? Really! Thanks!" You smile, "Does dad have my baseball cap I asked him to get?" You then ask, recalling when you saw all the boys in that field wearing one.

"He found it odd, but yes, he got it. You can go to him right now." He was reading newspapers in his room sipping coffee.

You nod and go to his and mom's room. "Dad, do you have the glove I asked for?" You ask him, he looks up from the passages.

"Oh! Yes, yes I do. It's on the dresser," He points.

"I'm not sure why you want it? Y/N, you never played sports in NYC, you do really want to change then." Your dad chuckles as you get the cap, you felt the material and clapped it like Scotty did yesterday. It was interesting.

"I'm doing it for my friend, I care about him. He wants to fit in, and he wants to play ball." You explain, "It's the neighbors...people across the street, actually...whom's son I'm friends with." You added, your dad hummed.

"Have fun, make sure you make all those baseball boys shocked. Prove them wrong! And make sure your friend of yours does good too, share some of the stardom with him as well." Your dad encourages.