PRELUDE / / / THIRD: Unlikely Allies

The scene opens up with V2 in dark, blank void.
V2 looks down and notices it's body is fully restored to what it was before it's defeat in Greed.

V2: "What is happening? Where am I?"

???: "The better question... is why..."

V2 looks over and notices a figure, it looks like V2 with it's body mostly repaired but still with it's Disassembly Drone arm and wings.
And something else is off about it too...

V2: "Who are you?"

???: "I am your fate."

Suddenly a long fleshy but also.. mechanical..? -arm bursts out of the neck of the other V2, the arm has what looks like a crab claw on the end.

V2: "WHAT IN THE-?!"

The claw grabs V2 and suddenly V2 jolts awake

V2: "AH!"

V2 falls off of the table it was laying on. It notices oil splashed all over his stab wound. If someone was refuelling him they did a crude job of doing so.

V2: "How am I... alive..?"

Suddenly a familiar voice speaks out

???: "Y'A CAN THANK ME FOR THAT!"

V2 snaps to look at who it was, it noticed it was the disassembly drone R.

V2: "Uhhh... Okay.. Why did you help me?"

R: "IF I'M HONEST, BOREDOM! X AND Z ARE KINDA BORING."

V2 still seems to be acting cautious around this Disassembly Drone. After all this thing and it's friends attacked it and one almost killed him.

R: "I JUST WANNA RUN AROUND AND KILL PEOPLE ALL I PLEASE! BUT THOSE 2 ALWAYS GET IN THE WAY OF ME DOING THAT. SO I JUST WANT THEM DEAD!"

V2: "Alrighty then...?

V2 thinks to itself, R could be useful for helping it around this world, and it does still need X for spare parts.

V2: "That's a nice idea but don't they regenerate? I took X's arm before and he grew it back when he attacked me a second time."

R: "OHOHOHOHO, THEY AIN'T COMPLETELY ABLE TO REGENERATE. YOU JUST NEED TO GRAB THOSE F[STATIC]ER'S CORE AND THEIR REGENERATION STOPS!"

A thought came to V2's head, this is perfect! It now knows what could be the key component to give itself it's own regeneration system, and it has the perfect ally and candidate to help it acquire one.

V2: "Okay sure, let's kill these fuckers, but uh... I kinda gotta patch the hole in my chest."

R: "SURE!"

R grabs a metal sheet and throws it at V2, almost knocking the wind out of the machine.

V2: "OW! You could have just given it to me!"

R: "I TEND TO BE PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE TO PEOPLE WHO I'M NOT KILLING."

V2 decides to move on from that and starts using the metal sheet as a makeshift bandage.

R: "SO, HOW DID YOU SWEAR?"

V2: "What?"

R: "WE USUALLY GET AUTO CENSORED BY OUR PROGRAMMING, HOW DID YOU BYPASS THAT AND SAY F[STATIC]K?"

V2: "I never had a censor, no machines I've ever seen have censors, but that might be because they are all mostly the silent type. Whoever built you must have just been a pussy."

R: "HAHA, YEAH."

(A/N: Reaper this was not a personal attack, leave my kids alone please.)

Once it has patched up the hole in it's body, V2 and R then climb out of the broken pod hatch and set off to the worker drone outpost where X and Z ran off to. The scene then cuts to the worker drone outpost where X and Z are killing worker drone after worker drone.