Chapter 5 | Respect Goes Far

Start from the beginning

"I honestly didn't recognize you there for a little while! I hadn't seen you in a while! I knew you'd look different after basic! But you're like! Jacked now! No wonder a crowd formed around you! Haha! Right, umm, Sorry about. You know. Trying to hog you from the other girls. Guess I had a little moment there. Lol. Hopefully it wasn't me who ran you off! If it is I can compensate you with some Hibachi Express! I know you talk about Sakura food all the time! Totally not trying to get a date out of it or anything. *Wink Emoji*" I lay my phone screen flat atop the bed, and rest my head atop the pillow. "Damn it Big J. You know Hibachi is my weakness..." I complain with my eyes closed, and a look of confliction. I WANNA KNOW WHERE THE HIBACHI PLACE IS ON ISLAND NOW!!! I didn't even KNOW THERE WAS ONE HERE!!!!

So... I cave in! And I do so quick as I respond. Raising my phone again and typing. Treating my text the same as I did Bismarck. Innocent lies to preserve the heart and feelings of those around me. I don't want to go and hurt everyone's feelings. "Right... Totally... Now Big J, you know damn well you didn't run me off! *Tongue out wink face emoji* I just spotted Grandma and Grandpa up the beach and ran up to greet them! When I turned around, everyone was gone?! I was worried I ran everyone off myself! Lol. Hell I almost didn't recognize you either in where I hadn't seen you in so long! I didn't know you decided to grow out your hair! You look good with your hair grown out, though I think It'd look nice with your hair down rather than a ponytail! AN HOW DARE you tempt me with Hibachi!!! That's my only weakness and you know it!!!" Noticeably she's not staring at the phone right now! As not only is her account say offline. It doesn't move her profile bubble down to the message! Meaning she didn't yet read it!

I back out and look at the next account to message me. I don't recognize the account, or who it might be via the name. "Don't-Smoke-That-Za-Za-Zara" I comment as I glance at the red head in the profile picture. "Damn, that's a cringy name" The other account being. "Marko-Pola31" I visually cringe at the word play, having an idea of who that one was based on the blue/purple haired woman in the profile picture. "Ouch... That's worse than the feeling of cutting Styrofoam... Why would you do that to yourself Pola... HAHA" I found it to be a funny kind of cringy in the end. At that moment, receiving a private text via the phone, not apps. From Hornet. "Hey Alaska, based on what I've heard from sis, I'm going to assume!!! She and a few girls gave you a bit of a hard time today! I think she's a bit worried that she scared you off. You should probably shoot her a text real quick so she doesn't worry too much." I tap on the notification as I read it. Responding.

"Damn! You heard about that!? Haha, well yeah, they gave me one hell of a time. I didn't get to relax at all! Lol. You could just sort of tell they were dragging me around to score brownie points over the other! I had to get up out of there when they started arguing! Thought they were gonna start slinging shells and Dauntless's at one another!" I jokeingly explain to Hornet, someone I trust with information and vents, and honesty like this. We're pretty close friends, not best friends, but close friends. She's likely the ONLY girl that I've ACTUALLY TOLD! That I'm not interested in dating. Not like... I'm not interested in her, but like anyone in general. So, she's kind of understanding to the struggles! Ya know?

"WELL! Who scored the most points!?! Yeah! I heard about that! She's really pissed with the Iron Blood! But especially Black Dragon! I think she sees her as her only REAL competition if that makes sense?" "Damn! An she already felt indifferent of her too, didn't she? Oh, and she most definitely earned the most points! If I was actually LOOKING for someone right now! She'd have had me! I mean I don't wanna go to deep into detail, but lets just say! She was very... VERY touchy touchy clingy clingy!" "REALLY?! I can't imagine what made her act like that! Especially in public! She must have been omega jealous of em then! Anyway! Yeah! After the admiral started showing more interested in Black Dragn then Enty and then she ended up TURNING DOWN Enty's crush when he asked her out!! In her own eyes Big J is now trying to quote. 'Steal another one from me' in her own words! Not mine! *Nervous happy face Emoji* Truth be told she's upset that she or the others ran you off today." Hornet responds. I sigh. "Shit. Well, I'll try my best to dial her back. Don't tell her you texted me, or that I texted you before her! Lol!" "Oh! Don't worry I won't! Good luck! An thanks!" "NP"