002 Wildly Inappropriate

As the lunch bell's resounding shrill fills the air, a swarm of one hundred spirited boys and girls eagerly pour out of the doors, flooding the bustling lunch hall with their youthful exuberance. Amidst the commotion, Bianca suddenly halts in her tracks, her eyes irresistibly drawn to a familiar four-seater lunch table nestled in a corner, where she and her friend have assembled for countless lunches in the spring semester. It's early April, and the radiant sun beams ardently through the expansive windows, generously illuminating the polished lunch tables before them.

"Bianca!" The sound of a familiar voice instantly captures her attention, prompting Bianca to swiftly divert her gaze towards the source. Her lustrous auburn hair gently bounces with each movement. Without hesitation, she beams at the sight of a stunning blonde girl, blessed with olive skin and mesmerizing Caribbean blue eyes.

Dakota flashes a warm smile and swiftly moves towards her friend. "Come on, let's go sit." she suggests cheerfully. With a graceful gesture, she delicately brushes her strands of lustrous, golden blonde hair away from her face.

With a subtle nod, Bianca intertwines her unoccupied hand with Dakota's, maneuvering their way towards their usual seat. Yet, amidst their movement, the presence of another young girl, seemingly of similar age, catches Bianca's attention. The girl possesses a warm caramel complexion with a slight a rosy hue, accompanied by hazel-brown eyes that exude a sense of curiosity. Intricately arranged mid-brown curls adorn her head, further accentuating her distinctive appearance. Engrossed in her surroundings, the girl's observant gaze fervently scans the room, undoubtedly looking for an empty seat to occupy. At least, that's what Bianca assumes.

Dakota's attention is caught by the direction in which Bianca is looking, causing her eyebrows to furrow in a perplexed manner. "Is she new?"

With a seamless flow in her demeanor, Bianca promptly retorts, a delicate smile adorning her lips. "Yeah, she's in my class."

With a shared glance that conveyed empathy, the two of them navigate through the large crowd towards the young girl who appears visibly disoriented. Upon their approach, a sense of unease emanates from her, evident by her trembling lip caught between her teeth.

Bianca gently withdraws her hand from Dakota's and extends it further towards the girl. "Hi! I'm Bianca." She then turns towards the blonde positioned beside her and gestures towards her, introducing her with a gentle motion, "And this is Dakota."

Standing alongside Bianca, Dakota reciprocates the friendly greeting with a warm smile. In response, the girl reaches out and delicately clasps Bianca's hand. Speaking softly, almost in a hushed tone, she introduces herself, "I'm Naomi."

"Wanna come sit with us?" Dakota courteously offers, gesturing towards an unoccupied four-seater table.

The warmth in Naomi's eyes becomes apparent as she endeavors to conceal her mounting excitement. "Sure."

With an infectious smile, Bianca warmly grasped both of their hands and gracefully led them towards an unoccupied table. As they settled into their seats, a sense of delight permeated the air, accentuated by the lighthearted giggles that accompanied their growing connection and shared enthusiasm for getting to know one another more better.

"How are you doing with Miss Rosario?" Bianca asks, her tone exuding curiosity, as she takes a moment to relish a bite of her sandwich. After thoroughly chewing, she proceeds to express her thoughts further. "I know she can be a bit strict, but she just wants you to do well."

"She seems pretty nice to me," Naomi replies, humming contentedly. "It's been pretty easy so far."

Bianca nods, poised to contribute further to the conversation. However, before she can utter another word, Dakota intercepts with her own thoughts.