Forged in Honor{Leon x OC}

Start bij het begin

-------------------------------------------------------------------

After meeting with councilmen with the three present rulers, which was just a waste of time if you asked Mingzhu, she took to sitting at a window still looking out onto the citadel, The village was drastically different. She missed the lanterns that would hang in every archway outside and the dragon statues that paid respect to their protectors. They couldn't bring them close into the city as a safety precaution so Mingzhu had to part with her companion.

"Are you alright?" A familiar voice behind her asked. Turning her head she saw Leon with a concerned smile. Ming gave a small side smile in return and shifted her body to face him. He then fully leaned on his left against the wall to attempt a casual conversation.

"Missing home I guess. It's not often we leave our land. Let alone this far." Leon blinked for a minute then smiled fondly.

"I've only read a bit about the architecture, is it true you have multiple statues of dragons?"

"Yes! They are wonderful," Ming sighed at the memory leaning against the wall now standing in front of Leon. Who was listening to her passionate description of the art but found himself staring at her eye expression. They found a sort of spark when speaking of the carvings imprinted on some of the statues to represent the creature's spirit.

"I admire your passion for the subject." Ming turned her head to glance for a moment, smiled, and then looked down the hall in front of her.

"Enough about my life, I want to learn about Camelot! What's your favorite food to have here?" Leon looked up with contemplation.

"I'll admit, nothing comes to my mind other than chocolate cake." Ming laughed a bit and Leon chuckled. It felt easy to speak with honesty to her. A wave of comfort that not even Arthur could provide.

Perhaps them both being in similar positions offered that likeness and available bridge to bond.

"I've had chocolate cake before, but I'm curious to see if it's any different from the one here. I should get some for my fellow soldiers to try."

"Perhaps the cook can make some for tonight? The King wanted to greet you all with a feast to celebrate your arrival. With both common and noblemen."

"That's very generous of him. Tell him I said thank you." Leon nodded, but then an idea occurred to him when her shadow moved into a specific location. Shite, it was noon. He'll possibly never hear the end of this.

"Uhm, perhaps you can thank him yourself. I have training with the other knights soon and the King as well. I'm sure after the meetings he'll want to relieve stress." Ming sighed and rolled her eyes with sass.

"Believe me, I need it too. Well then, lead the way." Leon wanted to offer his arm to her but thought she wouldn't take it. He also wanted to respect her status and simply led her along to the training grounds. Where the Knights of the Round Table were, along with Arthur, Merlin, and Zhao. He'll never hear the end of this.

"Leon! You're late for training! How odd," Never. Leon sucked in a breath of apology as Ming walked over to her ruler and spoke with him about joining in on training. Walking over to them, he glanced behind him and caught Ming staring at him. She smiled and looked down quickly, averting her gaze back to Emperor Zhao.

"Ahem," Turning back to his companions, he recognized the looks they were giving him. The same ones he gave Lancelot a fortnight ago at the tavern when a maiden approached him.

Oh dear.

He shook his head and walked into his place, awaiting orders from Arthur. Stepping in front of them, Arthur spoke as Ming walked over and stood next to Leon. He smiled at her and paid attention again.

"I realized that Bugai has an art of fighting that has not been seen or used here in Albion. So Emperor Zhao and Mingzhu will demonstrate. They will challenge us, two verse two. All for fun, nothing serious. After all, this is a learning experience," As Arthur explained, the men ordered themselves in two lines in front of the two warriors.

Mingzhu had undone her braid and turned it into a ponytail. For whatever reason, Leon didn't know, but somehow it made a chill go down his spine.

"Ready!" Zhao said as they both got into position. Lancelot and Gwaine went first. They had put their swords down to make it even but it didn't matter. With swift blocks and kicks at their legs to lose balance the two knights fell to the ground. Gwaine taking the hardest beating.

Pair by pair, the knights were beaten. Percival had been defeated by Ming fairly long due to struggle against his strength. That quickly turned into his weakness as she used it against him. Being more agile allowed her to roll to the side and throw his balance off with a swish at his calves.

Then it was Leon and Arthur against Zhao and Ming. The two leaders began right away while Leon attacked Ming at the side. While he wanted to hold back, he wanted to see how she fought when under certain attack.

Attempting a hit at her side, she blocked it and gripped his forearm. Quickly placing her opposite leg next to his, she used the momentum to flip him onto the grass. Landing with a thud, Leon felt a foot on his chest causing him to look up.

"Not much of a fight Leon." We'll see.

Grabbing her leg he pushed it off and kicked the other one causing her to fall. However, she regained footing on her hands and was able to throw herself up and do a flip landing on her feet. The knights and Merlin wowed and shouted in excitement.

They couldn't dream of doing techniques like that with their heavy armor. Looking to his right, Arthur had just been defeated so it meant Leon was the last one standing. This time Ming ran forward first and when Leon went to block, she faked out and flipped him over by grabbing his forearm again.

For a small woman, she had a lot of muscle on her. His fellowship laughed a loud and congratulated Ming. Leon began to sit up when he saw a hand in front of him.

"Almost."

"Almost, next time I'll be victorious." He laughed after accepting her offer and stood up.

"Maybe tomorrow, after I look forward to trying that chocolate cake with you." Smiling looking her up and down Leon heard someone call her name and watched her run off. Walking up to Arthur he found the King smiling.

"It's a good thing I allied with Bugai."

"Indeed, their combative strength will aid us in battle."

"And allow people for courtship opportunities." Leon choked on his water, spitting it out in the process.