When I turned around, I caught sight of it in the dirty mirror that hung on the wall.

The skin was red, inflamed and angry looking. A large pentagram was carved into my upper back. The wound was open, bleeding a little still.

"Protection, I assume." Yellow Eyes stated as I pulled the jacket back up. 

"She bit me."

"Trying to drain the poison."

"It was weird."

"I bet."

"Saige!"

I shot awake, breathing heavy.

Sam leaned over me. "Come on."

___

Ava was missing, apparently. We headed out to the road. 

"I'll take the barn and the hotel, you take the houses." Jake said. "Come on, Sunshine and Rainbows, let's go."

"Me?" I asked. "You want me to go with you?"

"Yeah."

"Yeah, no. My brother will kill me if I let her out of my sight. She's beat all to hell as it is." Sam stated.

"I'll go check that house. You go check the barn. Sam go check a different house." I said. "Now let's go. I'm done with this bullcrap."

___

I walked into the house that we were supposed to meet back up at to see Ava standing silently over Andy's dead body. 

"Sam!" I yelled, dropping down beside Andy, who was covered in blood.

Ava started screaming then. 

Sam ran in.

"Sam. I just found them like this. Saige was leaning over him, blood on her hands. I think she killed him." Ava sobbed.

"What? You liar." I said. "No, no, no. Sam, she's lying. I came in and she was--was standing there. I think she let the demon in. Andy's my friend. I wouldn't kill him." 

"Where were you?" Sam asked.

"I just went to get some water from the well." Ava said.

"I was meeting back up with you guys. I decided to come check on Andy in case because I-I seen this and I was too late." I muttered, tears slipping down my face. 

"You shouldn't have gone outside. Ava, we have to stay in here." Sam said.

"She killed him. She let that thing in to kill him." Ava said. "Didn't you see before? That--that shadow thing over her. She's working with them."

Sam's eyes landed on the window. I followed his gaze. The salt line had been broken.

"Who did that?" Sam asked.

"Saige did, I'm telling you. She was the only one here." Ava insisted. 

"She was here when I came in." I told Sam. 

"That line wasn't broken when I left. Andy wouldn't do that. I know for sure Saige would never." Sam stated. "Ava."

"What? You don't think that I--"

"I'll tell you what I think." Sam said. "Five months. You're the only one with all that time you can't account for. And that headache you got right when the demon got Lily."

"What are you trying to say?"

"What happened to you?"

"Nothing!"