spitfire

Zhao was back on the boat, and as Umeko was the first to see him board, he made her take him around the ship in an endless search for Zuko

Zhao was back on the boat, and as Umeko was the first to see him board, he made her take him around the ship in an endless search for Zuko. According to the Commander, there was an urgent matter to discuss with the Prince that most on board already knew about.

And although Umeko did not like the man, she eventually lead him to the cockpit where Zuko and the majority of the crew were.
"New orders? By who?"

"By me." Zhao entered the room, Umeko walking in behind him.
Zuko first looked to Zhao, but his eyes glanced to Umeko who was unable to explain anything as the girl herself was yet to know.

"We've been playing catch-up for far too long. I think it's time for a new strategy." Zhao said casually as if he had a more authoritative rank than Prince Zuko did.

"You think?" Zuko emphasized as Umeko finished her walk into the room, standing behind Zuko instead of next to Zhao. "I am the one hunting the Avatar. I am in charge of this mission. I am the Commander of this ship!"

"And I am an Admiral." Zhao held a small scroll in his hand that Zuko immediately snatched and unravelled, walking back a few paces as he opened and read it. Umeko craned her neck, trying to read over his shoulder. "Fire Lord Ozai saw it fit to put me in charge of all operations related towards the capture of the Avatar...Of course, I welcome your assistance. -In fact, I expect it. I'll need all the resources at my disposal..." Zhao glanced at Umeko. "No matter how minimum."

Umeko's eyes flicked to Zuko. Then to the crew. It was clear to all that Umeko had not been on his ship for as long as anyone here, but Zhao, but Umeko knew what they've been through. She knew of everything they've done for the Fire Nation, and now it was just all changing like that?
Zhao was just an Admiral now, nothing more than his self-serving flattery that got him there. But Zuko was heir to the throne of the Fire Nation, that had more authority than a puny man.

"I'll come by later." Zhao shrugged, walking out of the cockpit. And Umeko was going to let him find his own way out. "To discuss a few personnel changed I'd like to make...Until then, carry on."

Umeko blinked a few times before ducking her head down slightly. She glanced at the hand written note once more before looking to the other officers in the room.
A moment after Zhao left General Iroh walked into the room with a smile upon his face that was dropped instantly once he saw the mood of the room.

"What's happened?" He asked, going towards his nephew as Zuko passed him the note.

"Lieutenant Jee resume our original course." Zuko moved towards the man, but no movement was even chanced at. "...Did you hear me? Resume course!... Lieutenant, do you know what the punishment for mutiny is?"

Umeko shivered slightly, knowing exactly how many punishments of mutainy she got when she first started out in the army.
"I do, that's why I can't do what you say." Jee answered, eye firmly on the water ahead "Admiral Zhao was very clear with these orders and what would happen if we didn't follow them."