Chapter 12.

Back in the limo, Brooklyn was expecting to be heading towards the slightly trashy motel where Jade lived 4 years ago the last time they saw her, but as the buildings went by, they led to an actually very nice neighbourhood.

Each house got nicer and more quaint as the last before they pulled up to one of the nice houses.

The neighbourhood had the very calm, warm, inviting atmosphere. The homely feeling of settling down nicer radiating from each house.

However Jade's life had changed since 4 years ago must be going through very well.

The 4 stepped out of the limo and stared up at the beautiful house. Brooklyn was actually rather excited to see Jade after their interaction years ago.

She wanted to tell her about her promotions, her and Phil's engagement, maybe the possibility of being pregnant. Just everything. Despite the awful but slightly nice night in Vegas those years ago, Jade was a very huge help in helping them find Doug.

Stepping onto the porch, Stu rung the doorbell and cracked his neck from the nerves. When the door opened, the 4 couldn't help but smile at the familiar blonde. "Hey!"

"Oh, my god! You guys! It's been so long!" Jade smiled widely, looking over the 4 before enveloping Stu in a hug. "Come in, come in! You look great!"

"So do you! You're pregnant!" Stu noticed, his happiness for their old friend evident as he looked at the large baby bump Jade was sporting like a fashion icon.

"I feel so fat," She laughed before Brooklyn immediately shook her head.

"How dare you say that!" She laughed, pulling Jade in for a hug. "You're beautiful!"

"So are you!" She squealed, looking the Captain up and down before noticing the diamonds on her finger. "And what is that on your finger?!" She asked as she picked up Brooklyn's hand.

Smiling, Brooklyn glanced back at Phil as he set a hand on her hip, smiling as well. "Surprise," He chuckled.

Jade gasped when she put the pieces together. "Oh, my god! I knew it!" She squeaked, reaching up and pulling Phil in for a hug. "I knew there was something between you two! Congratulations! When can I expect an invite?"

"Thank you," Phil thanked. "And thank you for having us at such short notice."

"Oh, it's no problem at all!" Jade continued to smile. "But, do you guys mind taking off your shoes? I'm kind of a germ freak," She explained, to which the 4 all brushed off and began removing their footwear.

Alan, being himself, set his hand on Jade's baby bump for support as he removed his shoes.

Obviously, Jade looked at him awkwardly before Phil noticed and automatically helped her feel less uncomfortable. "Alan."

"Alan, what're you doing?" Stu questioned as Jade held her round stomach, obviously uncomfortable. Alan quickly then muttered an apology.

"Wow, you have a great house," Phil complimented, walking through the rooms of the house.

"Thank you. I got married a year ago to a surgeon. Another doctor, can you believe it?" Jade asked as she raised her hands in a joking manner.

"Another doctor," Stu nodded with a smile.

"His name's Jeff. You guys would love him," Jade continued, looking between the rooms before remembering a familiar someone. "Tyler, say hi to mommy's friends."

Looking past Stu, Brooklyn saw an adorable little boy with platinum blond hair playing in a small play room. "Hiii."

"Hey," The 4 chuckled, waving at the little boy before Stu's face dropped.