Chapter 10.

Something felt off about the drive. Brooklyn was noticing some similarities as they drove, like one particular bright orange house with a white door.

She then began looking around through all the windows, which turned Phil's attention to her. "What's wrong, babe?" He asked before leaning in slightly closer so Alan and Stu wouldn't hear. "Is it the baby? Or what we think is a baby?"

"No, no. Not that. I just...I don't know, the way we're going looks familiar," She answered, continuing to look around at the scenery, and recognizing the hills and small buildings that passed as they went through them. "This is the way to the villa," She concluded, only confusing Phil as well as herself.

"Why would the guy who owns it want to see us after it's been trashed?" Phil questioned, to which Brooklyn shrugged.

The further they went, Brooklyn was right as they were pulling up to the villa for the second time that day. The driver stopped the car, getting out of his seat and opening the back door for the 4. "Welcome back."

They began getting out of the car, all 4 of them looking cluelessly at the large house as Phil turned to his peers. "What the fuck?"

"Lets go, guys," The driver spoke up, turning and leading the 4 through the destroyed house as what had to be housekeepers or some people of that profession trying to clean up the destruction Chow invoked on the house. "Out to the back."

Proceeding in the direction the driver actually rather politely told them to go, they turned the corner and saw the all too familiar face of their Doug sitting hunched over on a step, both shock and relief filling his eyes when he saw his friends.

"Doug?" Phil questioned, as if his eyes were playing tricks on him that made him not believe his best man was right in front of him.

"Guys, careful—," Doug began to stand and walk over to the group, but The Other Doug quickly snatched him back.

"Get your ass back over here," He hissed, yanking The First Doug back from his friends and sister.

"Doug!" Brooklyn yelped at the sight of her brother, trying to run over and hug him before Phil pulled her back and pushed her behind him once he saw the face of Marshall laying in a beach chair.

"Leslie Chow never lived here," He spoke, looking at the group through the lenses of his sunglasses. "You didn't break into his old house. You broke into my house."

The 4 stood completely still, absolutely shocked at the information they just learned. Fuck.

"I don't understand..." Phil spoke softly, his voice full of genuine fear and confusion as he held onto Brooklyn's hand tightly.

Standing from his beach chair, Marshall stepped up, which made Brooklyn back up behind Phil. "You didn't get back the gold he stole from me. You got the other half that he didn't."

"Oh my god!" Stu gasped, unable to wrap his head around just how badly they fucked up.

"Wait, you mean the half he never had?" Phil specified as Brooklyn dropped her head.

They just helped an international criminal steal from another legitimate criminal. And he was very not pleased.

"He's a world-class rat, and you 4 were his accomplices," Marshall declared, pulling a gun from his pocket to which the 4 immediately began backing up.