Chapter 3.

The next evening, Phil and Brooklyn were invited by Stu and Lauren for dinner at a nice restaurant. Kind of like a double date.

They would have invited Doug and Tracy but they still weren't feeling up to going anywhere just yet.

"So, we talked to Tracy today, and she said the treatment facility that they found is really nice," Lauren stated as Phil and Brooklyn sipped on their drinks.

"It's beautiful. I checked it out online. Great reputation," Stu added to his lovely wife's statement.

"Who gives a fuck? It's in Arizona," Phil jested. "We gotta go on, like, a 2 day drive for this shit?"

"Hey, relax," Brooklyn spoke up, setting a hand on her fiancé's knee.

"They should just save their money and send him to fat camp," Phil claimed, making Brooklyn look at him with a raised eyebrow. "What? He should lose some weight. He'll find a woman. That's what he needs, the dude's lonely."

"Well, if he's so lonely, why don't you all spend more time with him?" Lauren asked with a smirk.

"No trust me, you don't want that," Phil denied, Brooklyn shaking her head as well.

"No, you definitely don't want that," Stu agreed, looking at his lovely wife.

"Oh come on. He's not that bad. What the worst that's happened? The tattoos?" Lauren asked, glancing between Stu and Brooklyn as Phil and Stu looked at each other.

The tattoos were, by far, the last thing they were holding against Alan for doing to them.

Stu rubbed his fingers over the side of his face, where his Mike Tyson tattoo once resided. "Yeah, the tattoo's the worst. Right?"

"Yours, definitely," Brooklyn answered, her hand resting on the flowers inked into her neck. "Mine however, not the worst but I would have liked to have gotten them while sober."

"Yours was the worst. Nightmare," Phil agreed, looking at Stu before proceeding with a curious look. "Speaking of which, did you ever get tested?"

"Excuse me?" Stu asked, his face reading all kinds of 'what the fuck did you just ask me?'.

"You know, 'cause of the ink," Phil backed himself, his expression saying he was being completely serious but with just the slightest tinge of humor. "That went inside you."

Brooklyn did her best to refrain from busting out laughing because Lauren didn't know. She knew exactly what Phil was insinuating and he was having way too much fun with dangling it in Stu's face.

"I'm fine," Stu answered, a tone of sass sprinkled in as he squinted his eyes slightly. "But here's a topic all of us will enjoy talking about: How's wedding planning going?"

He was right. Brooklyn would much rather talk about the upcoming wedding than Alan. "Clear your calendars for October 26th. We're having a Halloween wedding," She smiled widely, her hands clasped in front of her on the table.

Stu and Lauren's faces widened in surprise. "Oh yeah, I remember you always saying you wanted a Halloween wedding," Stu recalled. "Gonna wear a black dress?"

"Oh, definitely."

The time had passed and once the 4 had finished their dinner, they walked together outside towards their parked cars, saying their goodbyes.

Brooklyn gave Lauren a hug goodbye before doing the same with Stu, saying how they'll see each other the next day for Alan's intervention before she and Phil got into their own car and drove home.

(I'm heavily basing Brooklyn off myself because I want a Halloween wedding and want to wear a black wedding dress too 😂😅)

~~~~~~