Chapter 46: Vilage

{"Teri Mitti Mein Mill Jawa, Gull Banke Main Khil Jawa, Itni Si Hai Dil Ki Aarzoo" - Teri Mitti (Kesari)}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AUTHOR'S POV

Abhiman's family had just arrived at their ancestral village, after a long journey in their luxurious car. They were a royal family, revered and respected by everyone in the village. As soon as they stepped out of the car, the villagers bowed down in reverence to show their respect.

Abhiman's mother, Kiara, Dharya, Yash, Abhiman's grandmother, grandfather, and father stepped out of the car and were greeted by the villagers with folded hands and respectful namastes. They were a royal family and were treated with great honor and esteem by the villagers.

As they entered the village, they reached the palace, or mehel, where their badi dadi-sa (great grandmother) awaited them. She was known for her strict beliefs and traditions, and her word was law in the family. As soon as she saw Kiara and Prisha, she scolded them for their clothing.

'What kind of clothes are you two wearing?' she said disapprovingly. "This is not how members of our royal family should dress!"

As she was about to send them to change into traditional attire, Abhiman stepped in. "Dadi-sa, let them be. They can wear whatever they are comfortable in," he said firmly.

"Teri Bindani ko tameez nahi sikhayi tune kritika bahu?" Badi dadi-sa asked Abhiman's mother, to which she stayed silent"

"Maanu, Kam se Kam tu toh aapni lugayi ko sikha leta" Abhiman's grandmother taunted Abhiman.

"We just arrived from a long journey, Badi Dadi-sa. We haven't had a chance to change," Abhiman explains, hoping to avoid an argument.

This statement triggered badi dadi-sa's temper, and she glared at Abhiman. "Tu toh joru ka gulam ban gaya, maanu," she taunted, using her nickname for Abhiman.

But Badi Dadi-sa is not one to back down easily. "That is no excuse, Maanu. Your family is a royal one, and we have to maintain traditions and standards," she says sternly.

"Aapni lugayi ko samjha le, Varna mujhse bura koi nahi hoga" Badi dadi-sa said with her face red in anger.

Abhiman was taken aback by her words and felt a surge of anger inside him. he was not going to let anyone insult his wife.

Abhiman gritted his teeth, trying to control the anger bubbling inside him. He didn't want to disrespect his elder, but he couldn't stay quiet either. "Badi dadi-sa, with all due respect, I am not my wife's pet. I am her husband and it is my duty to take care of her comfort and well-being. And if that means going against your traditions, then so be it."

Prisha, stepped in and pleaded with Abhiman to calm down. She knew that his anger could harm badi dadi-sa and Abhiman's relationship "Please, Abhiman. Let's just do this for badi dadi-sa. I'll be okay," she said, trying to pacify him.

"Traditions are what keep our family's legacy alive, Maanu. We cannot let go of them so easily, ye sab akele hum tumhari patni ko karne nahi bol rahe, humare 3 aur pote hein, unki patniya bhi yahi sab pehnti hai, tumhari lugayi ko hum kuch naya karne nahi keh rahe, aur humare poto ne kabhi humare koi aadesh ka ullanghan nahi kiya. Na hi vo tunhari Tarh aapni lugayi ke gulam hein" Badi dadi-sa retorted, her eyes burning with anger and disappointment, she said as prisha looked over the other womens standing, they were the wives of other 3 grandchildren's of badi dadi-sa. They were decked up in heavy sarees, they had veils down their faces.

"Pehli baat aapke Jo pote hein, Jo aapni biwiyo ke haq ke liye nahi lad paye, voh mard kehlane ke layak nahi hai, Jo aadmi aapni patni ki pareshani dekh ke andekha kar de voh kalank ke sivaye aur kuch nahi hai, unhe khud ko mard kehne ka koi haq nahi, dusri baat mein aapni biwi ka gulam banke bohot khush hun, aur is baat se aapko koi aapati nahi honi chahiye" Abhiman took a deep breath, trying to contain his rising temper. Abhiman paused for a minute and then continued,