Epilogue

Sa gulat ay napaupo si eloise at natagpuan na lamang si mahzun na nakahandusay sa sahig at duguan ang ulo.

"W-what....what did you do?"- hindi makapaniwalang bulalas nito ng mahagip ng mata niya si gideon.

Walang saplot ang pang-itaas nitong katawan at nanatili duon ang benda sa kaniyang bewang at braso.

Nakasuot lamang siya ng itim na pantalon at sapatos samantala ang buhok nito ay magulo na tila tumakbo siya ng malayo.

"What are YOU doing?"- balik na tanong naman ng hari at naglakad papalapit sa kaniya.

"You are not rested well enough! You should be laying in your bed!"- nag-aalalang sermon ng dalaga at sinubukang bumaba sa kaniyang kinauupuan ngunit dahil mataas ito ay hindi niya nagawa.

"Rest in bed while you are here dying?"- he snarled as he stared at her in the eyes.

His red and dangerous eyes were glowing in the middle of the darkened room.

Both of his strong arms locked eloise's side maintaining her sitting posture.

Gideon hovered her, leaving no distance between them. Eloise gulped at the tension she felt.

"You should have stayed with me in my room Eloise Dandelion Perseus."- matigas nitong sambit habang ang mga mata'y matalim na nakatitig sa kaniya.

"Y-you should have told me the truth."- eloise whispered as set of tears started streaming down her cheeks.

Looking at him now that she knows the truth, she felt guilty and sad at the same time. It pained her to see that the man he loves would sacrifice everything for her regardless of him getting weak or being hurt.

"Then what? Would you believe me?"- for a moment, he answered.

This time, gideon calmed down and his breathing became even.

"I would! Then we should have made a lot of memories before—"

"Before what?"- mabilis na putol ng binata at tumalim ang kaniyang mga mata.

Hindi naman agad nakaimik ang dalaga ng makita ang reaksyon nito na tila ayaw marinig ang kaniyang pagkamatay.

Napalunok si eloise at nag-iwas ng tingin. She can't say it because she's afraid of what might be his reaction.

Gideon sighed when no words came out from her mouth.

He leaned forward as he place his forehead on hers, eyes interlocking with each other.

"Eloise, I'm begging you. Don't do it. Don't leave me again."- his voice sounds hoarse like almost cracking as if he wanted to cry.

Eloise stilled for a moment. He never heard him beg like that. He is the king. Blessed with powerful and strong magic and yet here he was feeling helpless and begging infront of her.

She was about to say something when they felt the ground move.

Nakarinig sila ng mga pasabog hanggang sa tila gumuguho ang palasyong kinalalagyan nila.

"Sh*t."- gideon growled and lift her up to his shoulder.

"Where are we going?"- nagtatakang tanong ng dalaga ng magsimula itong maglakad paakyat ng palasyo.

"Listen to me eloise. Stay with kei for the meantime."- he commanded in an authoritative voice.

"And you? Don't tell me you're going to fight them?! You're not healed yet!"- sinubukan niyang magpumiglas sa pagkakahawak nito ngunit mas hinigpitan lang ng hari ang kapit nito.