Welcome back home, Cade

BEEP BEEP! BEEP BEEP! BEEP BEEP!

CLICK!

"Haahh..."

The sky has barely begun to show signs of blue when the man woke up. Cade was never a morning person, atleast as an adult. But, he has to start becoming one soon, because from today onward his life will never be the same. He looks at his phone to see it is 5:00 am.

"Well, might as well get ready..."

Cade proceeded to the restroom to do his usual business. Brush the teeth, shower away the sleepiness and clean himself up.  After that's done, he puts on appropriate clothing and heads to the kitchen to prepare his breakfast. Any other day, he would make himself some good old fashioned pancakes, but he's on a time limit. His flight leaves at 6:25, so he'll have to settle for  oatmeal. 

He checks the time and sees it is 5:43, and proceeds to head to the front door. A cool breeze passes through him, indicating a chilly day. Before he heads to the garage door, he looks at his house for a good few seconds. A wave of nostalgia washed over him. All the memories he made, good and bad, came flooding into his mind.

"Never thought i'd leave this place like this..."

A slight frown formed on his face. He hoped he would leave his home under normal circumstances, but he had a feeling the job will be given to him sooner or later. The rank of Commander in Azur Lane is quite popular, so he seized the opportunity.

He opened the garage door, the morning's faint light revealing a motorcycle. A Kawasaki GPZ900R model, with smooth charcoal black as its base color, complete with stripes of navy blue. He inserts the keys into the socket and starts up the engine. He smiles as he hears the motorcycle purr with no difficulties. 

"Time to get this on the road."

He puts on his helmet and drives to the airport. On the way there, his mind drifts off to a conversation weeks before today, and one part stuck out to him.

"Cade, when you become commander, the girls will look up to you. They will see you as their guiding light, their beacon. The fire under their asses. That being said, you're young so some will try and get casual with you. Kindly remind them you don't fool around."

"Hmph, i'll try that much atleast, old man..." Cade muttered, as he rides off to the airport.

The airport is not so busy in the early morning, so he didn't have to wait long for his board his plane. A member from the military was there to place his motorcycle in his plane, so he won't be going in a taxi after he arrives to the island. He always likes to make his own entrance.

He checks his wristwatch and sees it's close to 6:30, so the plane should be close to ready. As if on cue, the plane proceeds to start shifting. He relaxes on his seat and lets reality sink in. When he gets there, he won't be a normal civvie. He will be a commander of the most powerful force in the world. 

"It's gonna feel a bit weird to be back in Azur Lane" he thought. He hasn't been on that island since he was 7. To them, 15 years have passed. To him, it was a lifetime ago. 

As the plane takes flight, he looks at his hometown one last time, before he decides to nap off the rest of the flight.

---------------------

RING RING! RING RING!

CLICK!

"I really hate that sound sometimes..."

A silverhaired woman wakes in the early morning, her figure covered in a light blue sleeping pajamas. She was almost prepared to go back to sleep, but then she hears a knock on her door.