Chapter 27 - Carnage

Zacznij od początku

"Hey- woah, it's okay!" the girl steps back in fright, hands held up to show she was unarmed. "You're in... Hell, and I'm Charlie... a demon,"

You stare blankly, the blade never wavering until you start to laugh. You laughed hysterically until a few tears began to threaten to escape. As you do so, Charlie stares in more concern than before.

"Charlie?!" A man calls out, running through the streets with a slightly irritated look. "There you are- uh... who's this?" Lucifer pulls his daughter back from you, "What are you doing with that?"

"She had it when she fell," Charlie informs her father. "What is it?"

Lucifer's eyes narrow slightly, "It's my blade."

"Lucifer?" You had dialled your friend, a burning sensation at your fingertips and your voice distorting.

"Woah, good morning, you're up early-"

"The blade has been stolen." This snapped Lucifer out of his usual cheerful mood, "I need you to sort out the museum. Can I trust you with that?"

Lucifer sat up, weary to ask, but doing so regardless, "What are you going to do, Y/n?"

"I have a meeting to attend," you end the call, disappearing in a blue flame.

~~~

Cecelia paced back and forth on the steps of the museum as other staff were cleaning up the damage. "Mr Morningstar?" she hurries down the steps towards him, "uhm, where is Miss Y/n?"

"Busy," he looks up at the building, graffiti along the walls, glass smashed, and even the door knocked down onto the muddied floors inside. "What happened?"

"It seems a group of bandits had tested out some new technology courtesy of Voxtek," she reports, showing him footage from the night before. "They seem to have tried to erase the footage, but the technology was unable to intercept the backed-up data,"

"Morons," he sighs, walking over the fallen door and through the rubble. Curtains were burnt halfway, the ashes floating in the air as a breeze brushed by, charcoal scorch marks splashed against the walls. "How soon can this be cleaned up and restored?"

"Clean up will be done in the next four hours," she then glances to the ground, "as for replacements and restoration? It could take up to a week," Cecelia hands him the estimated timeframes. "I know it is much longer than you and Miss Y/n would be pleased with, but-"

"No, no, don't worry," Lucifer places a hand on her shoulder, "do your best. I will sort out replacements for exhibits," he hands her his number, "Call me when restoration begins, I will help out,"

"Mr Morningstar, it isn't your job-"

"But Y/n is my friend and has done more for this museum than anyone could ever care to," Lucifer steps back over the door and makes his way outside, "Thank you, Cecelia,"

~~~

Your footsteps echo the halls of V tower, and demons who stood in your way now fell at your feet. The elevator doors chime open as you step inside, using the carpet to wipe the blood off your heels. A hum starts up, foot tapping as you use a handkerchief to remove traces of blood from your hands as well.

Finally, you reach the top floor, a calm look on your face as you approach the large doors guarded by two demons. "Out of my way,"

It was evident by your tone that there was no room for discussion. Once they opened the doors, all three V's turned in confusion. "Oh shit," Velvette whispers, stepping to the side of the room as you march forward.

"Vox!" Your temper snapped almost as quickly as the previous calm facade took over.

"Hello to you too, Sweetheart," he says with a smug grin.

"Don't call me sweetheart." You shove Valentino to the side and grab Vox by the lapels of his suit. "Shut it down, or I'll rip out every wire in your stupid little chest!"

"Feisty," Valentino hums in amusement.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he holds his hands up in defence. "Mind telling us all?"

You look at the other two, taking a moment to collect yourself, "Did we or did we not discuss a crucial matter a few months ago?"

"Ah! So it worked," he hums under his breath.

"Oh, so you're not as stupid as I think you are. Just simply pathetic," you counter, "shut it down and give me the names of the goons you used. They've stolen a multitude of important artefacts,"

"And why should I listen to some little museum owner?" He pries you away and walks to his desk.

"Check on your little security team downstairs and reconsider what you say very carefully," you gesture to his computer. Footsteps pace the room as he does so with no real expectation of carnage, hands straightening out his suit before inputting his password.

Oh, but carnage he witnessed. Bloodshed scattered a few floors as limbs and guts decorated the wall like a morbid expressionist painting—a macabre display of power, showers of crimson seeping into every nook and cranny at its disposal.

A glitch flickers on his screen, "you..."

"And I'll do it again. Now, list, please," you watch him write a list down, "so help me, if I hear another whisper that your little pity project isn't destroyed, I'll be back." After taking the list, you took your leave.

"Alright, take care," Vox waves, using his other hand to pull out his desk drawer slowly. Loaded, a navy detailed pistol was raised and aimed for your head.

A dreaded feeling fills your gut, a shield of magic manifesting behind you just as a loud gunshot is heard. "Don't worry, Vox, I'll make sure you're funeral looks snazzy," Velvette comments solemnly.

Your head drops, "Oh, now you're going to wish you listened to me," you extend your hand, grabbing a picture frame from the wall. "And don't bother begging; it will be utterly fruitless," in a single movement, you toss the picture frame in the air and kick it dead centre into Vox's face.

~~~

Ohhhh shitttt-

Ohhhh shitttt-

- Anna ❤️