Chapter 4: Baby?

*1 year later* 

No one's P.O.V. 

Kyojuro was reading a book, his legs dangling off the side of the porch. The pitter-patter of small feet caught his attention. "Niiiiiiii-chan!" a small girl exclaimed with a smile. "Ruuuuuna!" he said, embracing her. 

"Nii-chan, why is mama's tummy big? Did she eat too much?" she asked as Kyojuro set her on his hip. Her brother laughed. "No. Mother is with child. There's a baby in her tummy. In a few weeks, we'll have a baby brother or sister." 

Runa's eyes widened and she smiled. "I'll be a big sister?" Kyojuro smiled. "Yes, and you'll be the best big sister ever!" Runa giggled and wapped her arms around Kyojuro. 

The bubbly girl's smile fell after a moment and she pulled away from Kyojuro. "If it's a girl, will nii-chan love it more than me?..." she asked, almost in a whisper as she fidgeted with her fingers, looking down. 

Kyojuro's eyes widened. "I will never love anyone more than you, Runa. I will love both of you, boy or girl." 

Runa smiled softly and hugged her nii-chan again. 

*Later* 

"Mama, when will it come?" Runa asked, pointing at her mother's big belly. Ruka smiled. "Soon. In just a few more weeks," She rubbed her stomach. "You'll have a baby brother or sister." 

"Wow." her face lit up. Her mother chuckled and pulled Runa closer to her. "Runa, you'll have to help out with the baby sometimes. Your mother is getting older and she could use your help." Runa smiled brightly as she hugged her mother. "Of course, mama!" She snuggled into her mother's side. 

"I can't wait!"