Chapter 2: Her First

*1 year later* 

No one's P.O.V. 

Runa had kept quiet for the next year, never speaking a word, only making small grunts and other baby sounds. No one was worried though, she would speak when the time was right. 

She couldn't walk yet. She could only crawl. Her family had tried to teach her how to pull up on things to help her stand, but she wasn't strong enough. She was still pretty young though, so it was okay. 

Kyojuro had been training outside with his father. After an hour, he was allowed to rest. 

As he drank water from a jug, he heard a sound coming from the porch. Thinking it was his father, he ignored it. He heard a small sound, like a coo of a bird. 

He turned and saw his precious baby sister, waddling towards him, her arms reached out and a smile on her face. She was walking. 

"N-nii-chan!" she exclaimed brightly. Kyojuro could not hold back a smile and held his arms out for her. She waddled all the way over to him and her big brother picked her up and gave her a big hug. 

"Nii-chan! Nii-chan!" Runa chanted happily as she put her little arms around Kyojuro's neck. 

Kyojuro felt tears prick at his eyes. He smiled and held Runa closer. 

"Imouto." he whispered.