Chapter 1: Her Name Will be Runa

No one's P.O.V. 

Ruka held a bundle in her arms she rested her back against a pillow. A young boy, around the age of ten, ran into the room with a smile on his face. "Mother, can I see her?" he asked as he sat on his knees beside his mother's bed. 

Ruka smiled and held out her hands. Kyojuro stared in awe at his new little sister. 

(Imagine her hair is the Rengoku shade) (Not my art) 

"May I hold her?" the boy asked with his arms held out. Ruka gently set the little girl in his arms. 

Kyojuro eyes softened as he gazed down at the little girl. "She's beautiful." He spoke softly as if anything above a whisper would hurt her ears. He looked up at his mother. "What is her name?" 

"Her name will be Runa." a deep voice spoke from the doorway. It was Shinjuro, Kyojuro's father and Ruka's husband. He kneeled down next to his son and smiled. "She looks just like her mother, therefor her name is Runa." 

"Runa...." Kyojuro whispered, testing out the name. He smiled. "I love it." He watched his little sister stir a bit in his arms. His breath hitched when her tiny fingers wrapped around his finger. he smiled warmly at her. 

Runa opened her eyes. Everyone's eyes widened when they saw the color, a golden yellow outlined with a fiery red. "Another turned out like you, Shinjuro." Ruka joked. 

Kyojuro found himself lost in his sister's eyes. They looked so innocent, so pure. He decided that from then on, he would never let anyone hurt his little sister.