Chapter 5 - Don't Get Attached

ابدأ من البداية

And yet here, it's literally apart of their curriculum?

"Alright, I know that was basic stuff but this is what your test will be over so make sure you know it." He says as the bell rings.

Basic stuff? Sir what?????

I roll my eyes internally as I grab my stuff and exit the room.

"If you need help studying I can tutor you."  Max says as she catches up to me in the hallway.

"Thank you, I might actually take you up on that." I give her smile, which she seems to appreciate before heading to her next class.

"See you at lunch."

As she walks away I can't help but study her.

She is really sweet, and maybe seeing where that goes wouldn't be so bad?

I don't know, I just got here and I'm not really much of a relationship person. If I do that it might mess things up with the group...

Just as I turn into my next class I see that same bitch from yesterday morning sitting at one of the tables.

Great. Just fucking great.

Ignoring her I take my seat and wait for the teacher to start talking.

This teacher is an older woman, maybe in her sixties? Her hair is starting to grey even though her skin barely has any wrinkles.

Man I need her genetics...

"Good morning class." She says to us as everyone stops talking.

"Now, who wants to go first?" She looks at the class, and of course no one volunteers.

"Okay, have it your way. You two will go first." She points to me and the girl from yesterday morning.

Rebecca.

I groan internally as I stand up and walk to the middle of the room.

This room isn't like the others, instead of desk and a board, it's a bunch of lab looking tables in a semicircle around the boarder of the classroom and a big open area in the middle.

As the two of us stand in the approach the open area, she gives me a look of pure fear, turning her eyes away from mine the second I look over at her.

Damn, I guess she's never been put in her place before?

"From what I've heard you two seem to be fairly skilled with your abilities?" The woman asks.

"Apparently." Rebecca replies.

This time when she faces me it's not fear I see, it's anger.

"I'm actually not-" I try to say.

"Great, one of you will try and get the other on the floor, shouldn't be too hard." She walks away from us as she says that.

"You're gonna pay for yesterday bitch." The girl says loud enough so I can hear, but low enough that I don't think anyone else did.

Oh I'm so fucked.

The teacher draws a circle around the two of us with a white powdery substance, no not blow get your mind away from that-

It looks almost like she's putting a protection barrier around us.

But something tells me it's not to protect us... rather the students around us.

She mumbles something before standing up and telling us to start.

"Wait-" I try to walk over the line but I can't.

I'm literally trapped in this circle with this crazy bitch-