Chapter 2 - Composure Pt.2

- Freya -

You know that feeling when you have two choices and both suck?

Yeah well, that's exactly what's happening to me right now.

After the officers tested me and figured out my level, they escorted me (rather roughly) into a van and started driving to only the gods know where.

R.I.P Zeus...

We've been driving for what feels like an eternity, I honestly can't tell if it's been 40 minutes or 4 hours.

That brings me to my two choices: continue this joyride to what I can only imagine is some high level government facility, or kill these idiots and get the fuck out of here-

Kidding... I would never do that...

But seriously, if I tried to escape, I couldn't guarantee they would survive. And for some reason killing these brainless assholes just isn't something I could live with.

"Where are you taking me? I mean seriously this is taking forever." I ask as my head leans back against the wall of the van with boredom.

"Patience, we're almost there." The guard to my right says.

His blue eyes look over to the back doors of the van where tall buildings and street signs can been seen through the window.

We're in a city...

"And there is?"

I know they're most likely not going to tell me, but it's fun getting on their nerves.

"Shut up, before I make you." The other guard occupying the back of the van says.

"Dude don't be rude, do you know who this could possibly be?" The one to my right snaps as if he's scared I'll loose my shit at some rude comments.

Like seriously, I've lived as a level one teenage girl in the lowest level of the city, words haven't hurt me since I was five.

"You seriously believe this girl is her? Do you even hear yourself. Look at her, if you ask me that test was wrong." He gives me a look of disgust, as if he's offended he has to be in the same van as a level one.

I blow him a sarcastic kiss and he looks away saying something I can only assume is insulting under his breath.

Before I can annoy the guards any longer the van stops.

The window doesn't reveal enough of the outside for me to know where the fuck we are.

Thankfully the driver opens the back doors, the cool breeze filling the van as he does. But I can't enjoy the it for long as the two guards with me start pulling me out of the vehicle.

When I get out Immediately my eyes fall on the beautiful building acting as the center peace of the whole city.

It's tall but not unnecessary, maybe about 10 floors. Its walls are covered in unbelievably beautiful colors, mostly white, while the roof covers the building in a golden dome.

I've seen this building before... it's the council's headquarters.

The council is like the highest form of government, well except for the Seven, but they never get involved in Eleni affairs unless it's like war or something.