B O X E R S

Remember When by Wasia Project<3

Finally the pair reached the safety and warmth of the hotel room. Felix had walked Delilah up to her room. They stayed silent on the way. Once she had opened the door, Delilah walked straight in and Felix didn't know whether to stay or go. He was glued to the carpet floor, waiting for her to tell him what to do. Delilah walked into her closet and re emerged in a pair of boxers and a large sleep shirt. His eyes fell to her lower half- was she really?

'Are those mine?' His mouth asked in defiance of his brain that told him to stay quiet. It came out in a scoff, half shocked and half amused. Delilah lifted her shirt slightly and giggled to herself, embarrassed.

'Fuck i guess they are.' She noticed how his eyes remained on her lower half as she wandered about the room tidying her things in preparation for bed. He couldn't stop looking. 'Do you want them back or something?' She asked nervously, getting increasingly hot as he followed her from the doorway.

Felix crossed his arms and leant up against the door frame, his jaw clenched into a smirk as he continued to stare as thought he was in a trance.

'No, you keep them.'

'Correct answer.' She joked and they laughed together. They hadn't done that in what felt like forever. Their chuckling came to an awkward end and suddenly Delilah didn't know what to do with the civility between them, it was so foreign now, how was she supposed to act towards him now? 'I'll see you in the morning?' she asked to fill the blank space.

Delilah wished she hadn't just said that. She didn't want him to leave. Every part of her wanted to take back the last few seconds and say something else, or nothing at all, just not 'I'll see you in the morning'. Because she didn't want to wait until the morning. She wanted to crawl into bed with him, maybe watch a trashy movie or chat over a cup of tea. Her yearning for him was so apparent in her mind she couldn't even convince herself otherwise. She craved to feel protected like she did only half an hour ago. The confusion of it all was driving her insane. He had broken her. For months he continued to shatter her soul into tiny pieces through his absence but somehow, in some sadistic way, Delilah knew he was the only person who could put them back together. She wishes she hadn't fucking said it.

~

Felix's stomach dropped inside, he didn't want to leave. Even though it was evidently clear that she wanted him gone, he couldn't deny his yearning for her. His yearning to charge across the space between them and melt into her skin like he used to when they touched. He wanted to jump into bed with her, make her a hot water bottle or a cup of tea- anything she wanted- and watch a trashy movie together. Do anything together. But he watched her from across the room, standing awkwardly, a broken shell of herself. And he realised it was his fault, he made her that way and he would never be the one to fix it. Not anymore. He wasn't worthy of her anymore.

~

'Yeah, i'll see you in the morning.' He replied, looking at the floor.

'Okay.' She replied, looking at him. 'Sleep well, Felix.' She offered a small olive branch in her words.

'Yeah you too, Delilah'.

Felix shut the door gently, leaving Delilah stood in darkness in the middle of her room. She stood staring at the door, staying deadly quiet trying to hear if he was still outside. She heard nothing, he was gone. Delilah sighed to herself, shaking the creeping disappointment from her cold body, and clambered into her bed.

~

AN: Guys idk about you but I actually to scream at them to fucking talk omg  xoxoxo

Stay safe, you are loved<3