W A T E R

YKWIM by Yot Club<3 

~

4:15am

Delilah woke up to extreme nausea at some ungodly hour in the morning, feeling to vile to make any effort to check. She clutched at her stomach, slapping her hand to her mouth and she tried to gag silently. Had she eaten something? It was so strange, she never got sick.

Suddenly, her ears pricked up to the sound of someone rustling their hands in what sounded like a glass cabinet, as if they were repositioning something. She blinked her eyes quickly, removing the blur from them that layered her iris as she slept. She sat up, taking her head out of Felix's lap and peering over his shoulder as he slept. Within the darkness of the room, there was a figure standing in the left corner. The whites of their eyes shone through the blackness of the room, they never blinked.

'Felix' Delilah whispered, shaking him to wake up and show him what she could see. He didn't move, 'Felix wake up' she whispered again, shaking him more aggressively this time. He woke up flustered, sitting up quickly and pulling her close into him, his eyebrows furrowed with confusion and worry.

'There's somebody in the corner.' She said, her breath shaking as she grew more fearful at the piercing white eyes she had seen only moments before.

Felix looked round, leaning over the edge of the sofa slightly to get a full look of the room. He saw nothing. 'I think you were dreaming' He said softly, stroking the side of her face gently, placing his chin on the top of her head as he held her. 'Try and go back to sleep.' Before long, the rhythm of this thumb gently bushing along her warm cheek sent her back into a lull of sleep as she lay safely curled up on his lap.

7:17am

'I don't understand what's happening!' A loud American voice exclaimed, waking Delilah and Felix from their slumber. 'What is going on?' Farleigh exclaimed again.

Delilah and Felix rushed out from the dining room, fixing their clothes as they did so in case anybody saw them. They stuck close to the secret corners of the walls and finally made their way half up the spiral staircase. They sat down, grabbing onto the bannister and peering through the gaps to see what was occurring on the floors below them. Before much else could occur, Venetia joined them, still in her pyjamas, mascara smudged across her face.

'What's happened?' Venetia whispered, also grabbing the bannisters and peering through their gaps.

'Not a clue.' Felix replied, staring intently downstairs.

'Darling come on, it's time to go.' Elsbeth said from downstairs, placing a firm hand on Farleighs back, trying to guide him down the last few steps towards the front door.

'No I'm not leaving! Elsbeth please,' he pleaded, 'You know I would never do that. I would never steal from you!' He screamed again in desperation. 'It has to have been someone else. Elsbeth please!'

And then came Oliver. He crept down the stairs, almost barging Delilah away from Felix and taking her spot on the step. Too focused on what was going on downstairs, Felix didn;t notice a thing. 'What's happened to Farleigh?' He asked.

'Sounds like he's stolen something' Venetia replied in a whisper.

'And where's he going?' Olly asked again.

'He's being discreetly removed.' Delilah replied, raising one of her eyebrows slightly in confusion. It wasn't like Farleigh. Yes he would ask for things but that's just it, he wasn't afraid to ask so he never needed to steal.

3pm

'He's more spoiled than the lot of' Venetia scoffed, laying back down on the boardwalk to the river, her hair brushing the surface and creating glistening ripped along the green and blue, lilypad covered water.