xiv.

ZACH AND I NEVER REALLY BECAME A 'THING'

ZACH AND I NEVER REALLY BECAME A 'THING'. He didn't talk to me much outside of when we were at parties together. It was weird, he would ignore me at school, but be all over me when we were out.

    I started getting annoyed with him because I didn't want to be with him if he only liked me when he was drunk. Plus, he started pulling me away from my friends who all have told me they don't like him.

    It wasn't until I saw him making out with another girl at a party that I really decided he wasn't worth it. But I think that that event pushed me deeper into the hole I dug myself into.

    I drifted away from my friends, I stopped putting in effort at school, and I was in a constant state of drunk, high, or hungover. It's not the proudest moment of my life, but I was already so far into my hole that I didn't think I could ever climb out.

    Gwen and I got into a big fight over my habits. She told me that she hated seeing me like this and that I needed to get help. I told her that I didn't want to and she told me that she felt sorry for me, and that's the last I heard from her. It's been a week.

    It's not that I didn't want to change, I knew what I was doing was wrong, I just didn't have the willpower to quit. I was ashamed of what I had become and I was scared to admit it.

    One morning I woke up and I decided that there was absolutely no chance I was going to school today. I went back to sleep and then went about my day laying around in my apartment alone, not a care in the world. Especially no cares about the growing pile of missing assignments.

.•¤۞¤•.

A LITTLE BEFORE NOON, a knock sounded from the door. I got up slightly startled, wondering who would be here at this time. I opened the door to reveal Peter Parker.

    "Why aren't you at school?" I asked him with a flat tone to my voice. I hadn't talked to him since our encounter at Zach's party about a month ago. He started pushing me away and I was a little annoyed he showed up after ignoring me for so long. It was awkward for him to be here, I was in an oversized red hoodie with no makeup on. I really didn't know how to react.

Peter took a deep breath in, almost as if he was preparing himself for whatever he was here for.

    "I could ask you the same thing." He muttered, mirroring my tone and expression and pushed right past me into my apartment.

    "Oh yeah, make yourself at home. Just barge right into my apartment without saying anything. What happened to hello?-"

    "Emmie, we need to talk." Peter said solemnly.

    I stayed quiet as I waited for him to elaborate. As much as I was acting like I didn't want him to be here, I was dying to talk to him. The reason we stopped hanging out was partly my fault and I felt bad. He was the closest thing I had to someone who understood me completely.